Performance intake

Ryan VanDillen

Im interested in an aftermarket intake for my 409. Ive added some race goodies but im not fond of the edelblock intakes for the 409s. Does a yone on here know of other intakes ot styles of them that perform well? Looking for more of a race style. A y help is greatly appreciated:fear2:burnout

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
How much taller is Carl's intake over an edelbrock intake, does anybody know?

Ryan VanDillen

Good to know. I'm looking for more of the 2x4 stlye. Does anyone on here run any kind of sheet metal intake? I open to all suggestions I'm not sure what works best for these engines they are new to me

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Im interested in an aftermarket intake for my 409. Ive added some race goodies but im not fond of the edelblock intakes for the 409s. Does a yone on here know of other intakes ot styles of them that perform well? Looking for more of a race style. A y help is greatly appreciated:fear2:burnout
HI Ryan.
What is this 409 going in or in already?

Steve

Ryan VanDillen

This engine going in a 57 Thunderbird. My grandfather had a green 55 Thunderbird that I now have. I'm doing a recreation of what the 55 would be if it was just a little more racy

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I never had the privilege, to meet your grandfather, but through his posts, he was a very resourceful and fine person.:applHe is Greatly missed here.:( Good Luck, renewing the T-Bird.:clap

Ryan VanDillen

Well his 55 his pride and joy as he called it. Is going to stay the way it was. All I did was upgrade the brakes and with that came new Wheels. The 14 inch wheels would no longer fit over the disc brake conversion. He had a 55 T bird that is now the upcoming project. Thank you for the kind words and support. Hopefully we'll get to meet at one of these events

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
We met Clyde at Great Bend,
I bought some parts off him in the hotel car park just before they headed for home
Real nice guy and that car is awesome

Dont be afraid to post pics of what you are up to, also pics of Clydes car would be well recieved with the new wheels etc

Steve

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A lot of us were wondering how things are going with the family and the '55. Glad to see that you are being a good caretaker of the 'Bird. Clyde was very proud of you! Give Ellen our best, and please post pictures!

Lonnie

Ryan VanDillen

Things are going great. Sad at times as to be expected. On a good note I found a ton of old drag times and photos a day trophies as well as car showso too! I always heard about these things but I found the proof haha. Family is busy keeping up with property and mechanical problems that were way over engineered instead of fixing the small part :roll. I'm going to the local race track Oct. 28th. To see how the new engines does in the T-bird. Fingers crossed to see how the 409 tears down the track!:laugh4