Performance intake

Ryan VanDillen

Thanks! I'm finishing some exhaust work now. Should breath much easier. 1 7/8 exhaust tubing to 2 1/2. The engine enables blew the muffler seams apart :laugh you could watch the small mufflers breath.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looks great! Would be great if you could make it to Bowling Green next year for the Hot Rod Reunion we have our own class there. Did you do anything with all the fastbacks? I stayed at your grandparents bed and breakfast in 2013 and Clyde gave me the tour of the property and cars. How's Ellen?

Ryan VanDillen

I almost went up there this past year for a show. Not sure why. But I'd like to go. I hear the turn out is pretty nice. I haven't done anything with the fastbacks. I have plans in the works for the 64 convertable. Mom wants that one to drive and cruise. Ellen went and got married and lives in st. Louis. She doesn't keep up with our family any more. No reason for any of this from her but she no longer talks to us.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I almost went up there this past year for a show. Not sure why. But I'd like to go. I hear the turn out is pretty nice. I haven't done anything with the fastbacks. I have plans in the works for the 64 convertable. Mom wants that one to drive and cruise. Ellen went and got married and lives in st. Louis. She doesn't keep up with our family any more. No reason for any of this from her but she no longer talks to us.
Sorry to hear that.

Lonnie

Ryan VanDillen

That's ok Lonnie. It's a shame that happened so fast.

The fastback is kind of rough. Needs quarter fenders and floors. New interior. The 64 convertible is in decent shape it sat on a concrete pad most of its life. There is a 65 gasser style fastback that's in decent shape also. It also has sat on concrete for years.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Weren't there 3 fastbacks and the 64 convertible? I know the one in the blue one in the garage was pretty decent. Then the Plymouth or Olds that he had the hemi in out in the barn. He had a lot of cool stuff just watch for those rattlers.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Go with the Carl McQuillen 2x4 intake for the quality and price but the Performance is outstanding. The after market custom can go up to in price 3-4K depending who is the builder. McQuillen 2x4 at $1,595.00 is a bargin and horse power depending on the setup can make + 45-60 HP. I have one on my 1963 Chevy SS

Hi Jack

Long time no see. Will the McQuillen intake clear the hood with 690 heads and Edelbrocks?

Last edited:

Ryan VanDillen

Called Carl on Monday and showed up Thursday! Can't wait to get it on the engine. Looks great and came with everything to put it on! Great product and great people would recommend buying one!

Attachments

• 20170526_203638.jpg
    20170526_203638.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 22

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What does a 55 T Bird weigh? A lot smaller than a 61-65 Chevy a 409 came in. I think Ronnie built the motor and it worked pretty good?

Clyde was a real gentleman.