Period correct cannister fuel filter varieties

427John

Well Known Member
I thought I would post this as an awareness of alternative fuel filters for those who want period look and want to avoid current billet type stuff or glass bowls,some of the pictured types are still available new,some are still fairly common used,but at least 1 is almost impossible to find.Most either directly accept inverted flare 3/8" fuel line fittings or easily adapt to accept them.From right to left are :AC Delco GF62 available new,uses an L bracket to mount,next is an earlier style AC Delco with an integral mount may be available new unsure of part # mine isn't marked both of these AC pieces were apparently used on big GM trucks as the ones I have were removed from C60's,the chrome 1 with hose fittings is a Holley part that was offered up until at least the 90's,the black 1 with threaded fittings is the 1 Ford used on all their high performance FE's back in the early 60's,it was also used on some of their bigger trucks during the late 50's early 60's,also either it or 1 very similar to it was also used on some Rochester Fuel injection applications,I personally believe that Holley made this for Ford they also offered a threaded fitting version of the chrome 1 that is identical to the Ford piece this filter is still available as reproduction but spendy,but I still see them occasionally on old Ford trucks.The last 1 is a piece from the 50's referred to as a trash can filter that is almost impossible to find.
DSC02965.JPG

Last edited: