Petronix

Gofish

Well Known Member
I have the III module, coil, and the wires they recommended. I still have the factory distributor in my 348, just swapped points for the module. As mentioned earlier, the III has a rev limiter, but otherwise I don’t know how it differs from the I or II.

To me it wasn’t a question of why to do it, but why not to. Note: no ballast resistor with the Pertronix stuff.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The 1 will burn up if you leave the key on and engine not running.
As to why not ( for me ), my simple mind like's simple things. :think

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
My question is why solid core wires? If you have them already I understand, but these days there are non-solid wires that are good for just about any performance level. Even my Moroso Ultra 40 are RFI resistant. I may be missing something, but not sure there is a reason to buy solid core anymore.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I can think of several reasons not to,and not one reason to.Is he absolutly certian that he has solid core wires? I can't remember the last tine that I saw a set of those in the last 3 or 3 decades.Maybe he has a set of the "spiral core" type that kinda looks lies solid at first glance.

Randy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
in my 63 340hp, I’ve been using the Pertronix ignition I over 10 years. No failures at all. I used 8mm wires with a core of carbon/ graphite conductive material, high resistance suppression fiberglass wrapped with 3000-7000 Ohms per foot resistance. Never a problem.