Pfizer Covid Shot

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just got the first of the two shots for Covid. They said there could be deformities like a 3 eye, extra toes, 3rd breast for women, and huge slongs for guys. I chose the huge slong, however I think I got ripped off :doh

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What's your thoughts on this shot? my wife is on the fence about this, but my not have choice being her kind of work.
I want to be careful because everyone is different. And like the flu shots, inevitably someone is going to have a bad reaction. The majority seem to be fine. I have not heard of anyone here yet having a bad reaction and we are in full vaccination swing. I work in a hospital and have to work around patients, so although it's not mandatory that I know of, we are vaccinating front line people and then down. Although I wonder about it, I would still go for it.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not here to single any person/s out.
Covid-19 has killed perfectly healthy people too, even those with no other medical issues. It is absolutely the luck of the draw whether you survive due to the countless ways in which every living human on this planet could react to getting Covid-19. Anyone who wants to try to live like a lone wolf without getting the vaccine should be moved to an island where they can set out reality. Those people should not be allowed to reap the fruits over the majority of people who continue to strive/make this world a better place. I don't want to be around anyone who isn't vaccinated and neither does anyone else I personally know. I'm pretty sure the only way it will actually stop killing hundreds of thousands of people in the United States is if everyone (and that means EVERYONE) gets on board to beat this thing. Last time I checked religious people die just as well as non-religious to Covid-19 and every other group/s of humans out there are all in the same boat no matter their beliefs. Any reason imagined to avoid helping stop this from killing more Americans/Humans from ever corner of the planet comes from the kind of people who shouldn't share the world we modern humans have created/enjoy. There have been dozens upon dozens of poles that will tell you who is going to seek the vaccine and who will attempt to avoid it. They all give similar results on where everyone stands and the opinions given to support their views.
I get the concern that this vaccine has been created so quickly that as a whole, we don't have as many years of experience as we do with other drugs and treatments. With that said, I also know of other times in the past where we have made really bad drugs, treatments and products that have proven very toxic and dangerous years later. Modern Medicine can do things now that was once thought absolutely impossible. Not only did my wife get her DNA scanned for signs of future cancers this past spring, they also genetically scanned the DNA of the tumor they pulled out of her chest to see if it had anything else to reveal. I would also state that anyone that doesn't think the vaccine and all of the effort to create it is a good thing probably doesn't appreciate the effort put forth with slide rules to put men on the moon and why it was important beyond the political/national ideals that pushed it.
So in closing I would ask anyone who doesn't want the vaccine to throw away all drugs you have in your home because you can beat whatever ails you without them. Throw away your cars because you can walk anywhere you need to be and for those who can't walk, get a horse. If you don't want the vaccine then please move to an uninhabited island where no one else has to worry about you keeping Covid-19 going. Anyone thinking/acting like they want to be a lone wolf means they need to be treated as such so they can die alone. I understand that many of you will have strong feelings about this matter one way or another. Its a free country so say and believe any way you like. Its what has made this country so loved around the world. But its the part of us all working for the greater good as a nation that has gotten us to where we are today. Not getting the vaccine means Covid-19 will stick around longer all because not everyone can agree on taking it. I'm tired of Covid-19, please help everyone you know and don't know/care about to get back to what used to be normal. I want to go drag racing every weekend next year, not set at home and tune my engine.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
LA, Did not both of you get COVID, allowing you to have some future immunity, as your bodies have already fought it.

Personally I am not convinced a vaccine is the be all and end all, I would rather build up my own immune system.
I was taught (maybe outdated, but I think the science is still correct) in 2nd year High School Biology that virus's do a number of things, 2 of which is they mutate aggressively to ensure their survival and there were no cures. Part of the mutation was for their own survival so if it kills the host their survival is jeopardised, so the second strain is unlikely to kill. the no cure "statements from ALL governments world wide, vaccination of more than 60% of the population will assist the population to get Herd Immunity", this can be done naturally.
I don't profess to be an expert, but some of the logic used in this COVID thing is wacky. Definitely can be dangerous, mostly benign, highly contagious, but so is the common cold (a rhino/corona virus),

The curious thing in my neck of the woods is in regards to testing, get tested today but tomorrow you could get it, absolutely no discussion or recognition from the test if you have had it and therefore some antibodies, I would have thought this was the most important test. The other curious lack of information is there is a running total of affected positive results, but no recognition of severity, our entire state was locked down for about a week because someone sneezed, Of the 30 odd people who tested positive only 1 actually had any symptoms has spent a day in hospital for observation. We don't have the volume of cases like the US and Europe, but we also don't have the population and high density living as some of the cities like New York or London.

Junky

Well Known Member
Better trade the magnifying glass for a microscope. Might be able to better figure out what the small piece of skin actually is.... :D

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Polio, rubella, mumps, chickenpox. Know anyone who had polio or any of those other viruses? More recently Ebola.

Mumps can make your schlong weak and maybe cause problems with double nuts?

We’ve had almost no Covid here but early on before most of us knew what was happening, it made it into a seniors complex, 11% of them died, about 53 people who were grandmothers, grandfathers, mothers, fathers. They died alone. Out of 900,000 or so people in NS, we have had 65 die, 53 in one nursing home.

Covid may not kill you but if it does, we’ll all miss you. Getting it is like playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

As Mike Tyson says, everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. As Joe South sang Walk a Mile in My Shoes, before you accuse, criticize and abuse.

I will get a vaccine, my first since i was a kid.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I have a good friend in KC who contracted the virus one month ago. He and his wife were VERY careful with respect to exposure. They decided to spend 3 days in Nebraska helping a disabled family friend deal with another ailment. Upon return to KC they were contacted that she (the friend) had contracted COVID19 from another person, who had subsequently passed. Two days later they tested positive. They both spent 2 weeks at home quarantined with all the side effects. She got better. He was admitted to the hospital and given oxygen to help with breathing. Things got worse after 2 weeks and he is now on a ventilator struggling to breath. I can't imagine anything worse than when one can't control breathing. We're praying for an improved outcome. He is not alone.

Looks like I won't have access to any vaccine until March or April of 2021 but if someone offered it to me today I'm all onboard :).

TomK