Pfizer Covid Shot

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It was ok in general forum where you had it but I moved it here so the option to ignore can be used.
Not a problem Bob. You can even delete it if you want. I just don't understand certain comments, and I am waiting to see what the person who did so has to say about them. However "I" posted it, and it was "not" political. My intentions were just a post based on a current event that is effecting us all, not for or against getting vaccinated, and being that I posted it I know what was meant by it. I cannot help if someone else chooses to politicize it. I don't believe it warranted the insult by one of our members and what seems to be support for that insult.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Wife was supposed to get the first shot on the 11th but it has been put back to the 19th now.
They also had a outbreak on the assisted wing and transferred all those patients to the skilled wing where she works. Fingers crossed that she doesn't get it again.

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I got an email from our governor hitler saying it was available but when i called several hospital here in michigan that she said to call, no one has it and they say the administation here has no idea what they are doing

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I got an email from our governor hitler saying it was available but when i called several hospital here in michigan that she said to call, no one has it and they say the administation here has no idea what they are doing
Oh I thought you were in Illinois. There must be 2 of those governors...or 5 or 6 in this country.

Junky

Well Known Member
I registered today to get the vaccine, however, there were no appointments available when I checked, except for distant hospital. This afternoon, I could have gotten an appointment for February 16th, and this evening they are all booked up till the 19th. I have a possibility of getting on the list for next week from my local health department, but they are not opening appointments till tomorrow sometime. I will be refreshing the page hoping that I can hit the jackpot! I really don't want to wait almost 5 weeks to get the vaccine.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
We have our names on the list, but it may be a little while. They have done the doctors and nurses and now are working on nursing homes, employees and older folks with underlying health problems.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tonight I post with heavy heart after the loss yesterday of a good friend who contracted the virus around Thanksgiving and has been hopitalized since mid December. Intubation and caring nurses and doctors kept him alive for nearly a month but his trajectory worsened and his lungs hardened to the point of rupturing. I won't get into the details but his last moments were surrounded by his wife of 40 years and the caring nurses and talented Doctors who did their best given the circumstances. An absolutely horrible way to pass...

I'm still having trouble processing this and look forward to the time when we all can return to some form of normalcy, whatever that might entail.

My lasting memory of Billy Z was this past summer when he let me drive his absolutely mint one family owned 1960 Impala convertible, Black over Red to boot. He loved that car, one his Dad ordered from the dealer as a surprise for his Mother back in the day. All factory original, perfect condition, 283 PG with super low miles.

Rest in Peace my friend Billy Z

TomK

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tonight I post with heavy heart after the loss yesterday of a good friend who contracted the virus around Thanksgiving and has been hopitalized since mid December. Intubation and caring nurses and doctors kept him alive for nearly a month but his trajectory worsened and his lungs hardened to the point of rupturing. I won't get into the details but his last moments were surrounded by his wife of 40 years and the caring nurses and talented Doctors who did their best given the circumstances. An absolutely horrible way to pass...

I'm still having trouble processing this and look forward to the time when we all can return to some form of normalcy, whatever that might entail.

My lasting memory of Billy Z was this past summer when he let me drive his absolutely mint one family owned 1960 Impala convertible, Black over Red to boot. He loved that car, one his Dad ordered from the dealer as a surprise for his Mother back in the day. All factory original, perfect condition, 283 PG with super low miles.

TomK
Hey Tom,
Sorry to hear of your loss, this is just so sad.
There are no limits to this virus which appears to be just plane cruel.

Please, you all be as safe as you can.

Gav

Junky

Well Known Member
Tom.. So sorry to hear about another Covid19 loss, especially of someone that you know and is a good friend. These losses of loved ones reminds me of the polio outbreak of 1950, where we were all sheltered inside, and not allowed to go out and play with our friends. Back then, like now, no one was immune from contracting the disease. My dad contracted polio in 1900, and he was one of the lucky ones that survived the disease. I can remember so many of my friends that also contracted the disease, and here we are 120 years later and we are still learning how to handle a pandemic. In 1959, they were vaccinating people at the rate of 1 every minute and the lines were around the building. It was more important to get the vaccine into the arms, no matter the age. I am sadly disappointed that no matter who is the President, the government still can manage very much very well.
How much does the government pay for a toilet seat?
And now, under the Presidency of Donald Trump, over 30 years later, the overpriced airborne toilet seat has gained altitude. Instead of 640 dollars, the new price tag was reported by the Air Force to be 10,000 dollars, and that's for the lid only.
https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/grassley-10000-toilet-seat-cover-doesnt-pass-smell-test-dod-flushing-taxpayer#:~:text=And now, under the Presidency,that's for the lid only.

On a brighter note, after spending a few hours searching the VAMS (Vaccine Administration Management System) yesterday for an appointment, the closes one was 30 miles away, and was sold out of appointments from February 16 at 2 PM to sold out till February 19, at 3:30. In an hour an a half, that is how fast these appointments have been snapped up. This morning at 8 AM, I went back online to check the availability of something closer, and I was able to schedule an appointment for January 19th.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Daughter called this morning and said she tested positive. She has been feeling tired and has slight fever. Otherwise doing OK. Wife and I have had the same symptoms for over a week. Sleep for 10 hours and tired all the time. No appetite and slight cough. Don’t do anything except sit in chair, nap and watch tv. So, I’m thinking we’ve got it too. Thank God no respiratory problems and if this is the worst it gets for us, we’re very lucky. Not going to get tested, won’t do any good.

Fuzz

MAGA

Junky

Well Known Member
It is a personal choice for everyone, and for myself, I am taking the shot. I have a number of issues that if I were to contract Covid19, it would most likely kill me. Besides, even if it didn't, being on a ventilator is a horrible experience, and being weened off of it is also hard on you mentally. I admit that I have made it to old age, and a lot of my friends and class mates have already passed. I am not in any rush to join them.

Last edited:

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

TomK
Sorry for your loss, Tom. We have/had a weekly lunch group (or did until early December) of about 10 guys that are all car builders. The lunches were casual and we generally had 5 or 6 show up on any given week. As of mid-Dec, we have lost 2 of the regulars, both of them very quickly and unexpectedly. This thing is not something to ignore.
I got my first vaccine about 1.5 weeks ago and was lucky to get in. They had 14,000 vaccines available that were all reserved by computer registration within 6 minutes. My wife is still waiting to get access to the vaccine.