Phenolic spacers

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Was told whatever you use for spacers it should be the same as the intake manifold, so if you have one big hole in the intake manifold that’s the type you should use with spacers.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These aren’t phenolic but they did start life as 4-hole ported spacers until I opened them up. I still wanted to retain the split plenum feature of the dual plane intake so I left the divider intact. Eventually, I’ll do the same to a set of phenolic spacers to stop the heat soak that we all know these carbs are known for. It’s actually kinda hard to find phenolic spacers that have both carb bolt patterns like mine shown in the photos but Trans-Dapt makes them . . . expensive, but they make them. BTW, check out that gasket mismatch that needed some re-work!B61ACFB8-C49F-43F0-B644-36F067AD52FF.jpegE0472A3E-33B8-4469-88CB-FE804A79BF60.jpeg

425/409ER

Well Known Member
These aren’t phenolic but they did start life as 4-hole ported spacers until I opened them up. I still wanted to retain the split plenum feature of the dual plane intake so I left the divider intact. Eventually, I’ll do the same to a set of phenolic spacers to stop the heat soak that we all know these carbs are known for. It’s actually kinda hard to find phenolic spacers that have both carb bolt patterns like mine shown in the photos but Trans-Dapt makes them . . . expensive, but they make them. BTW, check out that gasket mismatch that needed some re-work!View attachment 68114View attachment 68115

That's a great idea, never though of doing that. Looks like something else to do this winter.

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just to add, I'd advise against the plastic ones. I was given a pair of them. The fit wasn't great and on top of them cracking, the carb butterflies would catch on the holes, preventing the throttle from completely releasing. Pure junk.