Phil, you back into Oak Island again?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
New season started this week, lots of suspense and drama, spending $2 million this year on the exploration they said.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Second episode is tonight.
Have you heard any skuttlebutt about the big crane on the island this summer????
Gotta make the trip. Guess I'll wait until they bring up the gold and then I can try to buy some!!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No scuttlebutt at all Phil, everyone who is working for thwm is under the Cone of Silence. Did you see them in the pub, Mug & Anchor, I was in the pub when they were filming that, having a beer.

By car, it is about 6 miles from the house, by boat about 4 miles. Bring a shovel and I'll drop you off when you come next year. Bring your 63 and we'll go there for a visit, with a red and a black 409, they'd probably want us in their show?

Over the years, there have been plenty of people caught trespassing on the Island. They don't shoot them or anything, they just kick them off.

Don

bobs409

Administrator
What drives me crazy are all the commercials and then they re-hash everything after! In 1 hour, I think you're only getting about 15 minutes of anything worth while! Think I'm just going to record it from now on so I can hit FF. They do the same thing with Hunting Hitler. :splat

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
No scuttlebutt at all Phil, everyone who is working for thwm is under the Cone of Silence. Did you see them in the pub, Mug & Anchor, I was in the pub when they were filming that, having a beer.

By car, it is about 6 miles from the house, by boat about 4 miles. Bring a shovel and I'll drop you off when you come next year. Bring your 63 and we'll go there for a visit, with a red and a black 409, they'd probably want us in their show?

Over the years, there have been plenty of people caught trespassing on the Island. They don't shoot them or anything, they just kick them off.

Don
I taped that episode. Are you in the background???? If so.......what do I look for..............beard, checked shirt, 348-409 ball cap????? Give me some hints.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
hints? last show of the year will show they found mud, water. jim

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, I didn't make it on camera.

I think the treasure they found already is the syndication of the TV show.

Don

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Those gold miners are some dangerous dudes. Notice the nice Cat and Volvo equipment they use. I figure advertising expense.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's it..................they had a good portion of a show either last year or year before..........they took the whole crew to a Cat dealer and spent a lot of time mentioning them and letting all the guys run different equipment they were wanting for that year. It was a running Caterpillar commercial!!!

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I like the Oak Island TV show but does anyone really think they'll ever find anything? I for one believe that if anyone ever buried a lot of gold
or anything of great value I'm sure they wouldn't forget where they buried it. The flat rock with symbols on it that was discovered and lost again (the one that no one can decipher) probably said "If you
go any deeper than this you'll hit water !" :laugh I believe that this show is a complete waste of my time but I'll probably end up watching the rest of the episodes anyway.:bonk
Hunting Hitler, I like that show too. They've already found a lot of information that we didn't know before.
One more show to keep an eye on, Expedition Unknown. That's a good show too.