Philadelphia

heddrik

Well Known Member
The link is in 59K9's 4th post above. The convertible ? Just sitting outside a garage in the rain near my work. If you like I can get some pics when it clears up next week. It's really rough and I thought the price was outrageous for the condition. This guy is selling 4 doors to people in Australia , etc. and looks to be making a killing.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The link is in 59K9's 4th post above. The convertible ? Just sitting outside a garage in the rain near my work. If you like I can get some pics when it clears up next week. It's really rough and I thought the price was outrageous for the condition. This guy is selling 4 doors to people in Australia , etc. and looks to be making a killing.
Thank you for that offer. I like looking at stuff like that, especially convertibles. I never know what might pique my interest and then I get real stupid again :laugh3:laugh3. If you get a chance for any pics, that would be great. Thanks, Carmine.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm sitting here waiting on a call from dick, he's been at the dealership examining the car...i'm kinda on pins and needles hoping the car checks out...I'm glad I've found a good guy with knowledge to help me determine what I'm looking at from 1200 miles...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks to dick I am the proud owner of the 62 I've been looking at...the inspection was done and a few areas of filler were found but the body and chassis check out fine...dick took a close up picture of a hood flaw so I negotiated a $1000 discount for the hood...I am wiring the funds tomorrow and hope to see the car shortly...being the mecum auction is so close to where I live and the proximity of the auction I am assuming there will be many trucks with a space or two...I'm stoked as I've loved the 62 since the came out...thanks dick, I owe you big time...rob

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Had a local 62 impala here at $19,000 . Looked like a Monico blue or maybe a marina blue Nice chrome and bumpers dual rear antanae's . 350 ,turbo 350 trans with updated interior bench seat. Cragars ss wheels . Looked very straight shiny. Any one else interested I can post pictures .

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
it's kind of cobbled but it sure would make a nice ride for someone that was looking for a 62 to play with...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I booked enclosed shipping earlier, 1200 from philly to plant city is a very good price, I've paid more for an open haul...once I get the car I'm gonna see what the date code on the motor is, it may be worth more to someone that is looking for the right code than it is to me...I'm really considering putting the 409 into the impala but the elky wouldn't be a brawler without it...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
robert, your car is way too nice for me to drive...you've got an awesome ride but it would be destroyed by using as a driver as you and I discussed...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
the car was delivered today in an enclosed trailer, cost 1200 door to door, pretty decent cost and the car was delivered earlier than I expected...she drives excellent, looks awesome, and meets my expectations of what dick told me when he did the inspection...I know with no uncertainty that I couldn't rebuild this car for 50% more than what I paid...ALL the trim is either NOS, excellent originals, or carefully restored, and all the gauges are new for pete's sake...far better than a driver but that's what it's gonna be doing down here...I had plans on changing it into a bruiser but I'm quite happy with the car as it is, for now...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I spent a good part of the day examining the impala as if was pouring here...every piece of trim on the interior and exterior of the car has been replaced as is all the interior dash, gauges, trim, and knobs...I'm not seeing any chinese stuff on this car, it's all NOS, including the grill...I can't imagine how much the last owner spent on this car but I sure don't think I could have done this car for more than twice the price...yeah, I'm really happy with this car, I love the lines GM put on it...I never realized how sexy these cars were until I had one of my own...I'm feeling more drawn to this car than my camaros it seems...