Pic of my latest

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thought I'd post a pic of my latest aquisition, a '58 Impala that I bought from GA and had shipped back here to Ca.
I'll be removing all the stainless, interior and then the 283 and powerglide transmission. Then it'll be off to be painted Rio red.
When it returns, I'll have a 350 crate and 700r4 to install.
Once everything is reinstalled and running smoothly I plan on installing the 605 and power disc.
BTW anyone needing a good operating powerglide?

37240353.jpg

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Man !!! What a buite !!

Ahhhh,,, I love the black though !! Shoot,,,seems that everyone is going red,,,,,

Black and long pulling that Airstream,,,,,
That would be a sight !!

,,,,dq

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Seon
I'm with DQ.........leave it black..........if it was born black, leave it black......go for a 348 3x2 with the 700R4.......what a sweet ride that would be.....too bad you're so far away, I could use that PG

BJ

bubbletop61

Well Known Member
DITTO

Ditto to what BJ and DQ have said, she's a raven beauty in Black!
348 for sure! Stroker if you want to up the antie?
Gar

bobs409

Administrator
I like it as is too but that's me, im a puritan. (well, sometimes-mostly with other peoples cars) :D

You might consider keeping any parts you change out for later. Cars with original engines/transmissions attract more attention and usually more cash for resale.

If it's the original running gear, I'd tuck it away so the car can be returned to original if desired.

Bob

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BLACK IS SEXY !!!

I think Bob has a great point !! A used PG won`t bring much but keeping all the oridge stuff will make you smile later !1

Once you part with it the car will never be the same in value.
Do the upgrades,,,just keep the old stuff,,,,,

and a 348 tri would turn heads when you open the hood !!!

Sorry ,,,but thats the truth !! SBC are a dime a dozen,,,,