Pick my new truck Monday

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Pulled the pug on an new 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 crew cab short-bed Denali.
My 2014 Sierra 1500 All terrain 4x4 Crew Cab short bed is now my youngest sons truck. Only had 1 major problem and GM fixed it ( Air conditioning part that took sometime to get), but once it was corrected everything ran great.
This should be my last new vehicle as I’ll be 75 next year. So I went all out with all the bells & whistles. Went with the 6.3 gas w/ 10-speed trans and 3.23 rear end, hope it tows my 24ft. open trailer as will as the 5.3 6-speed did, we will see.

Dave

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Congrats Dave. I am sure you will like the 6.2. My 2018 6.2 has a lot more power than the 2011 5.3, tows my 24 ft enclosed with car easy. Not towing it makes 21-24 mpg cruising at interstate speeds, 80-85. Also much quieter inside than the 2011. Photos??

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
It does have the engine shut off option, with a switch to use it or not. I haven’t had the the truck long enough for me to have an opinion of it. I do know with the temperature at 87* today and sunny the interior does warm up fast when I did use it at some long stoplights.
One thing I’m not found about, is how the navigation system start up. On my 2014 I only had to push 1 button, but on the 2019 I have to push several to start it up.
That 6.2 gas engine has way way more pick up (power) then 5.3, so that shut off may be a good thing to have. Give me some time to figure out this new truck, but it is quieter then the 2014 ever was.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
SWEET, does the 6.2 have the same options as the 5.3 where it runs on 4 cylinders around town and 65 mph and below on the highway?

Your 2014 had this options?

My 2016 does with the 5.3 :drinking

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Don't they all do that? My Ford does. And my wife's car does, both 2018. I'm kind of concerned about starter life. However the trick is not to keep them long enough for things to break.

The 2018 Yukon Denali doesn't. If my next one has a switch, I'll leave it on, just to pi$$ off the libs.

When it comes to navagation systems I usually use my phone. That bixtch in the truck doesn't understand English and I've been "told" swearing at her doesn't help.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't they all do that? My Ford does. And my wife's car does, both 2018. I'm kind of concerned about starter life. However the trick is not to keep them long enough for things to break.
Not all the new vehicles do that. My '18 Colorado doesn't. However, it might be the diesel option which doesn't allow it.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
My daughters new Jeep has the engine sutt off option. When I rode with her she told me it does have the option to turn it off . I told her I would shut it off ,she said it did not bother her. I myself don't see the advantage of it. I do shut my 1966 Chevy pickup engine off when waiting for a train to cross . :teehee