Picked Up A 61 Biscayne 2 Dr Sedan Today

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT, I NEED SOME METAL FOR MY 61 CONV. BUT I WOULD REALLY HATE TO CHOP THIS CAR UP :cry I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE BUILD IT AND GIVE IT THE PROPER RESTORATION IT DESERVES. ANY OFFERS?

PictureLarge.jpg

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A very, very cool car. Would seem a shame to part it out.

Maybe a built 409 stroker Hemi eater. :brow

chevytaylor

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I was thinking the same thing.....:D would be strong with a big stroker in it
Rstreet

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great looking car. 10 times better than anything I ever start with. Hope someone spends time with it. A great find :cheers

THANKS GUYS, I'VE OWNED IT ONLY A FEW HOURS AND IT'S REALLY GROWING ON ME, I'M THINKING ABOUT THROWING AND NICE ENGINE IN IT AND ADDING 18"/20" WHEELS AND JUST DRIVE IT, BUT I'M REALLY FOCUSING ON MY CONV. RIGHT NOW, HERE ARE THE "COUSINS" :cheers

Picture001Large-2.jpg

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
do you want a 4th cousin? i've got a 61 belair bubble top that would look right at home between your cars!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't know, that qtr has extensive damage visible even in this photo.

You gotta remember he is from the other coast.
That car is a solid east coast car.
Look at some of the other cars those east coaster consider and use as a restoration and that one is pretty solid,,dq

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You gotta remember he is from the other coast.
That car is a solid east coast car.
Look at some of the other cars those east coaster consider and use as a restoration and that one is pretty solid,,dq

DQ, I think you better get your eyes checked or, you may want to read where the THE PETE-STA is from...:doh

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME 58?

Well, I'm not standing there in person so I could be seeing things. But in the picture I see the horizontal middle line (qtr panel) crooked/wavey indicating bondo and the lower qtr edge looks to be bumpy from rust bubbles. There appears to be a hole in the wheel well upper lip as well. Maybe it's just the picture? The door looks equally wavey with bondo. Primer is usually a "red flag" for hidden treasure, so to speak!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car does have body filler, but certainly nothing a good body filler guy could not fix. There are many who prefer a rust-free , no dent body, so this would not be a great car for them. For me , personally, I would love to have it. Once again, different people have different opinions of the same vehicle. Just a matter of how you look at it. :dunno

Well, I'm not standing there in person so I could be seeing things. But in the picture I see the horizontal middle line (qtr panel) crooked/wavey indicating bondo and the lower qtr edge looks to be bumpy from rust bubbles. There appears to be a hole in the wheel well upper lip as well. Maybe it's just the picture? The door looks equally wavey with bondo. Primer is usually a "red flag" for hidden treasure, so to speak!

YOU'RE CORRECT, IT APPEARS TO HAVE HAD SOME BODY WORK DONE TO IT IN THE PAST AND IT DOES HAVE A RUST HOLE IN THE UPPER LIP, THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT WHATS UNDER THERE :brow , BUT THAT QUARTER PANEL IS VERY SOLID. GOOD EYE 58 :cheers

The car does have body filler, but certainly nothing a good body filler guy could not fix. There are many who prefer a rust-free , no dent body, so this would not be a great car for them. For me , personally, I would love to have it. Once again, different people have different opinions of the same vehicle. Just a matter of how you look at it. :dunno

WELL SAID RONNIE :cheers

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Parts Car????

I only wish my 61 Biscayne was that good!:eek: I'd trade mine for that one, :deal if I could swap the mising parts from mine first:D

In Indiana you can only see those on carriers and ebay out west:mad:
That nearly rust free here:rolleyes: