Picked up another 62'

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I drug this thing out of the woods today and here she is.

Passenger Broken 2.jpg Broken Pass.jpg Drivers Rear 3.jpg Drivers Front.jpg Front.jpg

Last edited:

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think it's better than Phil's rag top............ :roll:roll:roll:roll

What's under the hood Dan ??

Dave

S

Swiss Impala

I showed Rosemarie the pictures and told her before that I found
pictures of a Chevy looking better than our Impala.
Whether she would like it, if I would bring home a car as described.
"Nice idea", she said. (this is important for me and for a second Impala one day in future time:cool: :cool:)
Then the pictures! :eek::eek: She looked at me and wanted to send me to the madhouse immediately! :crazy :crazy

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Franz, my wife would react just like Rosemarie. She would think I was mentally unsound. I used up all of my credits when I brought the old Nova home, threw away the front clip and cut out the floor.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think it's better than Phil's rag top............ :roll:roll:roll:roll

What's under the hood Dan ??

Dave

Original 327 from what the seller told me. He also said it has a transistor ignition. He said the transistor ignition was unusual on Chevrolet but was more common on Pontiac...:dunno Anyone know anything about that?:?

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dan,

Looks like a real keeper to me !!!!! I've never seen a car "lowered" in the middle before, quite a unique look !!!!! :roll:roll

Bill

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I finished pulling parts on the "Tetanus Bel Air" today. Here is how she sits now in all of her rusted glory.....:cry...:nono1: Once I removed the passenger quarter molding the entire quarter and door fell off. I have to admit it was easy to remove the quarter glass and regs....:nono1: At first I thought I was going to take it off the trailer but I decieded I had better not:doh. At least this way I could some what keep it contained. Ever heard of Purple Rain.....:? This was Rusty Rain....:cry She gets hauled off the the big scrap yard in the sky Monday.....:cry

Tetanus Bel Air 1.jpg Tetanus Bel Air 2.jpg Tetanus Bel Air 3.jpg

Last edited:

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Hey Phil

Wht did you ever do with that little "cream puff " ??

i was thinking of that , while I was looking at these pictures

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
He's got to work on the 61 Bel Air first.....less work. doesn't need nearly as much bondo.:D

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He's got to work on the 61 Bel Air first.....less work. doesn't need nearly as much bondo.:D

Phil, If you need any sheet metal for that rig I have some nice stuff here.....:roll:roll:roll and a little fiberglass roving to go with the bondo....:deal

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That car has to be worse than the 63 convertible I had!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Phil, This car was so bad that when I moved the back seat to get to the drivers quarter windows I found that at some point someone had used roofing felt under the seats to cover up the rust...:eek: They should have just used a little tourch down and she would have been good as new....:deal

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well the Tetanus Bel Air went to the big bone yard in the sky today. Here she is loaded and on her final journey.

Salvage 1.jpg Salvage 2.jpg Salvage 3.jpg

Last edited: