IMG_1204_014.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture498.jpg
    Picture498.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 131

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have seen a lot of 62 Chevys over the years, but that is by far the " baddest" 62 I have seen. Thanks for posting.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That 62 is awesome!!!! Anybody know anything about it????? I've never seen it before!!!!

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have seen it in Tulsa OK. at the IHRA Nationals. The car runs Pro Mod and is very competitive. It made it to the semi-finals at that race and is a real crowd pleaser.

Tony and Bonnie

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Let me guess - the '62 DOES NOT have a 409, but that would be something with Bob's alum. block and that super-wild blower. The '59 was in Rod&Custom a few years back. I believe it has a 502(?). Another good place for an aftermarket block (or maybe even a stock block).

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am pretty sure the '59 is the same one that placed very high in last year's (?) DynoMax HP to the wheels on pump gas competition that they held at various events. It was run sort of like the engine masters thing except the cars had to compete several times during the season and could make changes during. If memory serves me correct it put down in the neighborhood of 1400 HP to the back tires using a procharger blown BBC and ran on E-85. I do remember that several of the top competitors had made the switch to E-85 during the competition because they could run more compression and/or boost. Ever since I've seen cars run into the 9's on 10" slicks....I've always thought it was a shame to tub a car, but I guess when you make that much power it is needed. Did anyone else notice the exhaust pipe scrubbing the pavement?? If you want to make your 59-64 sit similarly in the front.....66-67 283 Chevy II coil springs will do the trick.
I've always had a slant towards the modified / racing cars, but the 62 is a little too much for my taste. There is (was?) a green 61 Pro Mod on the scene a few years back that was from Sweden I think. It was just as wild as the 62.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There is also video of the bad blown black '59 on You Tube. I'm pretty sure it's the same car or else there are two of the monsters out there.