picture posting

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a picture of my car from the local strip. I would like to post it next to my name on the form. I have the picture scanned into my computer but I don't know how to post it. HELP

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I try to change the avatar it says this is not a valid image. The picture is a scanned image in my documents.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Steven, try a different picture and see what happens. Maybe your scanned image is not a compatible file type.

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I tried another picture but it said it was to big. This is the only one I could make fit. Thanks Bob for your help.

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was just reminded of something that may have caused the picture to be rejected. I scanned into my computer as a pdf rather than a jpg. :facepalm

bobs409

Administrator
Actually it says that is has to be at least 200 X 200 so can be larger. Not sure how large, I normally resize all my pictures. I've used Ifranview for years and years. It's free and works great. I have it set so all .jpg's, gif's, wav's, mp3's, etc open automatically using that program.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There was an e-mail address on the PM from Dick, so that is one I used and each one come back as undeliverable.