Pictures of W powered drag cars

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Great find Jim...I have spent quite a bit of time looking.....I might have spotted a VERY young Dick Mackenzie at the Cecil County shots.
robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Great find Jim...I have spent quite a bit of time looking.....I might have spotted a VERY young Dick Mackenzie at the Cecil County shots.
robert

and skinny too (boy, was that a bunch of pounds ago :roll ) ! I just spent 2 hours of a rainy Sunday morning mezmerized in that thread. It's really cool! Thanks for posting it Jim. :clap

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am not a memeber on the H.A.M.B. nor do I plan to join even though it looks like an awesome site. I just don't know how ya'll find time to keep up with all these sites and live and build cars. :clap :clap Can some of you who are pass along a bit of info to answer a question from this link?? There is a picture of a White 62 Ford 2-door post with the words Al Means Ford on it that was owned at the time by Edwin Lavender out of Gordon, GA. I'm not close friends with Mr. Lavender, but I can attest that it's not a remake or a clone. I've lived my whole life within 20 miles of him. He and my father went all the way through school together and my daddy knows this car from when it was brand new. It was always a drag car. Not a street/strip car owned by a Hot rodder but a legitimate Factory built LW racer. Ed sold it recently along with alot of his other nostalgia cars. He had updated the car alot with modern ladder bars, Jericho 4 spd & such, but it was still pretty true to it's origin. The last time I saw it race it was at an 1/8th mile track and did about a 6.60 e.t. (Thank God my daddy grew up and out of that Ford stuff before I was born!!!! :bow :bow) Ed's a die hard Ford man who had bought a 409/425 engine and wanted to buy my car with plans of making a match race companion to his Ford. Knowing Ed the 409 would have been purposely built to lose by a nose every time the Ford did't break. From what mutual friends tell me, he's got a few late model Mustangs he races now and that's it. :doh Seems awefully boring to me.

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Do you have any idea where the Al Means Ford went after Mr. Lavender sold it. I've been trying to track this car down for quite some time.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It might be awhile before I see Ed again, but I will ask him as soon as I do and post whatever I find out for you. I generally run into him a couple times a year. If I can find his phone number again I'll call him for you.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
the HAMB is a great site and this is a great thread.....I have been archiving nearly all the photos in that thread because they are all so good. :brow