pixs part numbers junk repro 1962 parts

denson1932

Well Known Member
OK i got pixs of several bags the crappy parts came in...don't buy these...

the big bag with tag in the center part # Dll#1708 (MLA-090) was from the clutch Z bar listed for 62-64, the tube too long and wrong angle of arms also too long.

the little bag with tag at the bottom part # 166758 is from the crappy completely wrong rear license light assy.

the front left bumper bar brace is shown at the top with part # 142599 (54010) is the latest crappy part, made from common electrical conduit, too big diameter, wrong angle on diagonal end, and galvanized so wont hold a paint coat.

Why try to call in and complain? 1-800 good luck,wait wait wait unless you are placing an order yo are at the bottom of the food chain.

i spliced and diced the clutch Z bar toi fix it, now i will do the same with my original bumper brace.
The rear license light i made some bracketry to get the thing mounted correctly.

Attachments

• DSCF0627.JPG
    DSCF0627.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF0629.JPG
    DSCF0629.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF0630.JPG
    DSCF0630.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF0617.JPG
    DSCF0617.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF0618.JPG
    DSCF0618.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF0619.JPG
    DSCF0619.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF0620.JPG
    DSCF0620.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry you got some crappy parts. Reading threads like this makes me very happy that I need little to nothing for my car. I'm really done except for things I choose to do and probably don't need to. Just when I get the urge to maybe consider another car, the desire escapes me, Carmine.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I sent you a separate message, about this post on repro parts not working, fitting.
Typical of what I am finding on other parts. I have my own list of bad repro parts.
Paul

denson1932

Well Known Member
sorry i didn't include a pix of the incorrectly made clutch Z-bar. the chunk of electrical conduit (top of photo with tag taped on it)was sold as a 1962 Impala left front bumper brace.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I sent you a message about these parts did you see it.. Its in your Inbox.
Paul Stensland

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
I too feel your pain on some of this repro stuff. I'm torn, I'm glad someones making the stuff, but come on! If they make a part that is exact fit and of the same quality as the original, I WILL PAY MORE FOR IT!!! It seems to me others would pay a bit more for a quality piece too, but perhaps I'm wrong. I am fortunate to have decent classic car wrecking yard near me, and generally have found to be less work to go get a part there, and clean/sandblast/paint it, than to make the inferior repro part fit and function.

denson1932

Well Known Member
Here's some progress and some more problems to ponder...
The cardboard kick panels seem too narrow they did not project into the slot of the metal combo windlace/kickpanel channel. I finally added several layers of red tape to 'extend' them you can see in a pix...
On the side window felt kit, i installed the 1/4 window outers first, and i can get them to pull up barely EVEN with the 1/4 ledge if that, i think the stainless bead of the felt channel should project slightly ABOVE the paint on the 1/4 lip so as to cover the paint on the corner....maybe the pixs will show what i have here...if i pry up more i only succeed in deforming the integral clips....

Attachments

• DSCF0670.JPG
    DSCF0670.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0671.JPG
    DSCF0671.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0672.JPG
    DSCF0672.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0673.JPG
    DSCF0673.JPG