Please - How Do I...

Biscayne409

...install a reverse light switch on my 1963 Biscayne with T10 transmission? I bought the parts I need, however, no instructions came with the parts. I'm hoping someone here has experience and/or good, clear photos to share. Maybe?

Thanks!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
There will be a factory dimple in the firewall( just below the firewall accelerator linkage) to use for drilling for the backup light “factory location” on the firewall for the rubber grommet( size should be about 3/4 inch) on the backup wiring harness.
With the motor in the car you will have to drill the hole from inside the car.

assuming your car has a new firewall pad on the inside - that pad should have a perforated round hole for the wiring harness to route it to the steering column as shown on the factory 62 or 63 Assembly manual pages posted above.
You will have to carefully cut out that round hole and the padding behind it. As I recall I have had to pull back the firewall pad to see the dimple in the firewall and help with removal of the padding on the firewall pad.

if needed I can post pictures of the backup light wiring under hood and under the dash and wiring on the frame

Note the 2 clips on the frame holding the wiring harness. All factory frames have these factory drilled holes in the frame to use push in clips to support the wiring harness. These clips are not sold with the backup wiring.
Paul

Biscayne409

Thanks a bunch, guys. VERY helpful!

I am headed to the garage tomorrow to get this done. Regarding the harness clips - the vendor I bought all my parts from doesn't carry the clips. Any ideas on where I can get these?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11