Pontiac parts???

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok so with purchase of my 55 chieftain first on list is to get rid of the king pins for ball joints & convert my brakes to disc and add a booster. Problems... can’t bolt up control arms frame needs a bracket on the upper and the master cylinder is down on the frame! I’m really looking to make this as quick as possible I can make brackets and all that good stuff but I’d rather buy and not have her on the lift for a month or two. Any thoughts on parts? I’ve been looking for days lol thanks

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cut em off something else and weld them on. :dunno I see stuff like that happen on TV all the time:poke:hide

Quick? one word, Butler
Yeah that’s a good point time to hit the yards I guess!! Thanks!!

Last edited:

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Under floor dual master cylinders have been used for decades, most Hot rods have this arrangement,
if a booster is too large in diameter, you can always mount an in line booster that assists in in creasing pressure to the discs, if you have disc rear as well, two in line boosters will also work.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Under floor dual master cylinders have been used for decades, most Hot rods have this arrangement,
if a booster is too large in diameter, you can always mount an in line booster that assists in in creasing pressure to the discs, if you have disc rear as well, two in line boosters will also work.
yea been looking at speedway and few others looks like a 7” dual diaphragm will do the trick with disc brake conversion. I’ll probably go with scaredbird again like I did on my 63 bel air & build the kit, worked out really well.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ames Performance is the Pontiac parts source. Don’t know what early stuff they carry but a spent a bundle there with my ‘65 and ‘70 GTO restorations.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
With all of the tubular control arms being made today, there must be some off-the-shelf stuff that can be easily adapted and will let you use readily-available ball joints and GM or aftermarket spindles. Or you might start welding in plates or bungs for the ball joints of your choice. The idea is to get rid of the kingpins so you can add caster and get as tall of a spindle as you can find. Also you may want to keep the 5/5 wheels

Junky

Well Known Member
If that was turquoise and white, with Pontiac wheel covers, I would have thought that was my uncles car, and the picture was taken in the 1950's. He was a Pontiac die hard, and convinced my other uncle to buy a Pontiac. My dad was always an Oldsmobile person, however, I do have a picture of him with a new Pontiac, sometime in the 1930's, but have never been able to pin down the year or exact model. MVC-007L.JPG