Por 15

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
from what I have been reading its best to use the POR-15 and then their chassis coat black over the top of that while the POR-15 is still tacky and you get a really nice, stock-appearing sheen like this:

imageIGI.JPG

the sheen and overall look is outstanding if you ask me. The inner fenderwell has the POR-15 with Chassis Coat top coat...the brake drum is just POR-15

photos courtesy of this site:
http://www.svend.net/mustang/ww73/ww73.html

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I mixed a very little POR thinner into the paint when I did my '38 frame. It goes on very easy with a brush !!!!!! It doesn't look that great right after it's done, you're not supposed to work the brush back and forth..... just one stroke..... it leaves brush marks & bubbles......... but a few minutes later it smooths and flattens out as it drys and looks great.

Dave

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I have had good results brushing it on, but it can be sprayed also. Like Dave (boxerdog) says, use a cheap spraygun. If you don't clean your gun SOON, after painting, you may have to throw it away.:eek: The paint will get into passageways, that will never clean out.:deal

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've read to be careful spraying it. Toxic stuff!

Yes, it's bad, bad, bad stuff if you breath it !!!! You are supposed to use a complete breathing system if you spray it.

It won't come off your hand think what it could do to your lungs !!!!!!!

Dave

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I got the pictures back, today of the underside of my 64. Rear end and frame Por-15ed, new Moog station wagon coils and KYB shocks. The under car pix are not that great.:dunno The last picture shows the height, that the Chevy sits at.:clap The fronts have not been done yet. Skip:)

Attachments

• Rear End.jpg
    Rear End.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Rear End 2.jpg
    Rear End 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Rear Springs.jpg
    Rear Springs.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 48