Powderstash-newbie

powderstash

What's happening fellow Big Block Lovers! My name is Ben and I have just acquired an anniversary gold 1962 impala sport coupe and a 1964 409 motor. I pulled it out of my parents barn in Bloomington, Indiana and trailered it to my home in Carbondale, CO. I bought it for my dad 17 years ago for a fun project he never touched. Ironically, the car has originally 49,000 miles on the 283 powerglide and it runs great. I have always wanted a 64 SS convertible and somehow I now have the motor and not the car, but I am in love with the lines of the 62 sport coupe. This site and forum is awesome and I have been lurking on and off for years, but when I finally got the car I thought I should just go ahead and jump in. I'm new to this forum but not new to forums. I have owned and modded forums for 13 years now and this one is laid out nice.

I don't care who you are, I freaking love all of you for your passion of these amazing vehicles.

Attachments

• 62impala.JPG
    62impala.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 5

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome! You're right, the information on this board is astonishing. The various characters are an added bonus. :D

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome..... Looks like a great project, especially with a 09 for it. Would love to see some more pictures as the project progresses!!

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome aboard Ben, it's good to hear of another 409 in the Rocky Mountains. I spent some time in Carbondale a few years back when the 2 schools were being built........a real nice town, good people.

powderstash

Welcome aboard Ben, it's good to hear of another 409 in the Rocky Mountains. I spent some time in Carbondale a few years back when the 2 schools were being built........a real nice town, good people.

Are you down in Denver? There are a couple cool car clubs here in the Roaring Fork Valley that I hope to join soon. Carbondale is just an absolutely amazing place. Hell, it's currently up for a vote as one of the top 10 best places to live in the US as ranked by Outside Magazine. Fun info here -http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/best-towns-2013?

for everyone else, thanks for the hospitality. My goal this weekend is to get the car running and driveable and then start tearing out the interior. I'm going to scab some floor pans on and a couple other things to make it move around for now. Got the 409 in the garage today and my other treat I scored, 76 Chevy 400 small block. That lil' gem is getting rebuilt and going in my mod offroad Blazer. Goal of 450 HP at the crank.

Hobart

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome aboard! Lot's of great people with a lot of knowledge here!

Good luck with the project, sounds nice!

And, I like your user name - you hanging out at The Basin this weekend? Wish I was!