Power glide note

El Rat

Well Known Member
I am exchanging my PG for a junk yard unit that bought for 275.00. I figure if I baby it for a month it will take me to local cruise ins and what ever (s). Well my PG had the low gear band ?backed completely out and the vacuum modulator didn’t have vacuum hose just soft rubber hose no way it works with vacuum.
Note: I think a stock PG won’t stay latched up behind 500 hp or so.
My plan is a high performance input shaft, a 1.76 low gear drum with 6 discs and a Kevlar band.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I think if I was going to street race ( not those folks in OK city) I would build a PG Vette. 500 inches and tri power. Something along the lines of the stock 67 PG vette that ran 90 + in low and 145 in high. Lots of folks (street racers) would jump on a PG vette with hydraulic lifters. Probably run mid 12s with street tires maybe 12 flat!...just sayin. The key to making money street racing is deception.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
The A-1 P/G I ran in the mid 90's was a great transmission and I put over 500hp BBC HP to that sucker, it only blew up because of the crappy converter I used as it ballooned then came apart and spewed crap through the trans, car was quicker with the 2 speed over the 3 speed trans. I cleaned it all out, put most of it together, it has sat since 1995. Next year it will be used again as the big torque engine I have seem to be having a lot of trouble hooking the tires with the 2.48 low gear of the Turbo 400.