Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
a cool motor
IMAGE_111.jpg

IMAGE_110.jpg

IMAGE_102.jpg

you can see it that for sure!!

And this week end you know where it will be!!! :D

Speaking of import crap! Those cheap *** moroso "tall" valve covers are 1/4" shorter than most so guess what won't clear my Canfield girdles! grrrr

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Looking Good

Tic,

That is really looking good. How much longer do you think before your out and about with her ????

Are you going to the Swap meet this weekend ?

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My "Hope" is to do the break in next weekend if I don't die from these 24/7 days I am doing.

Oh yah I'll be there when the gates are open! I have a shopping list :D

Need "real" tall valve covers fist off then some minor items like ARP bolts and stuff. Long as nothing shinney gets in my way :cool:

At this rate I may have it on the road before the July show.. I hope.

Sent you a PM on how to get to me out at the Swap Meet...

jr.W

Well Known Member
Hi Tic. nice looking engine you have. 396? 427? inquiring minds want to know.
Good luck on the break in we will pray to the cam gods to spare the lobes.:bow
jr.w

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well that was fun! Met Nuts out at Firebird for the swap meet and test and tune day! Lots of nice rides.

The engine is a 1966 427 std bore, balanced indexed all the happy stuff with 640/640 Isy roller cam and lifters, springs, hambuger chain, 67 427 heads with 2.19/1.88 SS flowed valves, crane roller rockers with canfield poly locks and girdles with slightly modified combustion chambers :D

Finaly all done!
IMAGE_115.jpg

IMAGE_106.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I wish you wern't all the way out in Idaho, I'd kind'a like to stand by that car when she's done! :bow

jr.W

Well Known Member
Looks like you bypassed the cam break in issues with the roller good thinking.
It should hall the mail. I hopefully will be starting on a 427 for my dads 66 chevelle this summer.
IT will not be as hot as yours, dad always liked the L72 427's so we will build it along those lines except oval port heads.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What's that square thing on the intake where the carb goes?

LOL been asked that allot. It's a Predator 6000 PXI 390 CFM to 930 CFM with idle circute

about them
http://www.predatorcarb.com/performance/carburetor.html

Hot Rod Magazine Dyno chart
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12974

A little different approach but I wanted to try it. They guys at Predator are very helpfull and gave me some help as well as parts to bring this one up to date so it should do fine.

Funny thing is that it came off a 1962 Impala 409 a guy was retro building into a 502 with TPI and all that. Ran fine there as well.

I do know that people are buying them like crazy on ebay as well as any parts for them so if I decide to go another route I can gurentee it's sold :-)

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Swap meet

Mike,

It was nice to see you again, at the swap meet. Sorry it took so long to get linked up out there. Hope, you get those parts linked into your project somewhere.

If you need any help with the start up this weekend, give me a call.