Problems with your TPMS?

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Problems with your TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system)?........:rub

We have a 2010 Chev Equinox and every year when I put on winter wheels the TPMS becomes inaccurate and identifies
the wrong wheel for low pressure. It is equipped with aftermarket sensors, not GM....:scratch
So this year after buying a learn tool (Amazon $18.00) for the 2018 GMC and seeing it worked great I tried it on the 2010. No go!
Went to see my friend Sally at the GM dealership and she tried with their expensive learn tool and still, no go AND no charge...:cool:

So I figure when all else fails read the instructions. :read
In the owner's manual they describe how to service your TPMS manually.....:good

Turn ignition on but don't start.
Set your TPMS dash display to relearn.......you'll hear two beeps.
Starting at LF release air from tire for about 5 seconds or until you hear one beep.
Continue (clockwise) to do the same for other three and when completed the car will beep twice.
TPMS has now relearned and the tire light is out. Turn the key to off.
Now bring your tires back up to the specified pressure.

Worked first time and no issues so far with the TPMS. Oh and BTW, I passed this trick on to Sally.....:hug

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My made in TN VW doesn't have TPMS, that's a good thing. It used the abs sensors to warn you of a low tire, plus it has an "ignore" button in the glove box, push it and is ignores the abs signal for a low tire. With the button pushed, it works like my factory 63 system.:drop:drop:eek3:eek3 You actually have to check the tires yourself.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
On my Corvette, you take a round magnet and place it over the valve stem until the horn honks, then move on to the next one.