Profitt '62 Update w/Pics Thrash to the 13th

Lots of little stuff to do yet but getting there. Needs to leave this w/e for Florida.

Check out the Jardine built headers. Built from pics of the originals.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 164

jr.W

Well Known Member
Will this car be able to make it to the Thompson event? It would be cool to have it
there.:cool:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Will this car be able to make it to the Thompson event? It would be cool to have it
there.:cool:

Yes it would, Cool Cool Cool!!!:cool:

:bowWOW! that shop's done an amazing job getting that car done so quickly!
The car looks absolutely terrific.:beerbang

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Up Date

It has been an incrediable 3 days in Gainesville!!!!! The car is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! Hayden was impressed with the car and the whole Hall of Fame ceremony was awesome also!!!!!

Pictures later when we get home. Denny may have some posted sooner!!!!

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I took almost a 100 pictures in the 3 days we were in Gainesville. I can't figure out how to post them , but i'm sure Phil will !!!

What a time we had , the car is an awsome duplication of the original & there will only ever be 1 Hayden Proffitt . The stories & fun we had , laughing and listening intently to what was said by Hayden and others ............:):)

On friday i went to the Gatornationals . I ran into Hayden sitting under the grand stands out of the sun , he told me quite a few more things that i didn't know , all the time smelling the nitro and listening to the runs commenting if it was a good run or not. His true love of racing is easy to see , but i think he just likes the smell of nitro !!!!!!!!: bow

I want to personally thank Hayden's nephew & his 2 grandnephews for acompaning him . The are 3 truly nice people :clap

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I took almost a 100 pictures in the 3 days we were in Gainesville. I can't figure out how to post them , but i'm sure Phil will !!!

What a time we had , the car is an awsome duplication of the original & there will only ever be 1 Hayden Proffitt . The stories & fun we had , laughing and listening intently to what was said by Hayden and others ............:):)

On friday i went to the Gatornationals . I ran into Hayden sitting under the grand stands out of the sun , he told me quite a few more things that i didn't know , all the time smelling the nitro and listening to the runs commenting if it was a good run or not. His true love of racing is easy to see , but i think he just likes the smell of nitro !!!!!!!!: bow

I want to personally thank Hayden's nephew & his 2 grandnephews for acompaning him . The are 3 truly nice people :clap

Denny, you have a PM, I'll post some photos for you.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Excellent report!

Denny and Phil:

Glad to hear that the event went well, and now you have stories and memories to tell when we get together in Ohio :).

Jim K, thanks for offering to post the pics, we all are dying to see them!

Cheers,
TomK

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Denny's Photo's

Denny, who owns the Proffit car?

12.jpg

13.jpg

19.jpg

17.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

15.jpg

11.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Thanks guys for the great pictures and Phil yes, the car looks great:hug:hug
robert

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I just can't seem to get the pictures from the files to the thread , so thanks to Jim K for the help! ...... I'll try to get this in some sense of order .

The three major players in making this happen are : :bow:bow

Harold Clay : green shirt
Troy ? : yellow shirt
Bill White : white shirt

Harold & Troy are best of freinds and are the force behind the car , Bill White is also freinds w/ both Harold & Troy and did quite a bit of the assembly. None of these guys had much rest for a few weeks prior to completion. :eek: .... I'm sure Phil can fill in w/ more details !!

1st pic is of Hayden seeing the car for the first time

# 3 Harold & Hayden

# 5 Old freinds Hayden & Roger Gustin

# 8 Phil having a sensory over load :roll :roll :roll

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Surely they wouldn't let Phil that close to the car if the keys were in it.:nono1:
:D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
# 8 Phil having a sensory over load :roll :roll :roll

That's a major understatement!!!! That doesn't even come close to describing my feelings that day!!!!

The car is owned by Harold Clay and Troy Phillips. They plan on taking it to 5 to 6 Super Chevy events this summer along with both Hot Rod Reunions...Bowling Green, KY and Bakersfield, CA. Harold is flying Hayden in to all these evnts so everyone can meet Hayden and see the car. Roger Gustin will let Hayden make some passes down the track too!!!! I'll post dates when I have more info.

The event in Gainesville went great and I'll post some pictures when I get home.

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Why aren't you home yet ????

Phil left Gainesville on friday !!!!!!!!! :dunno

Some of us have to WORK ! :roll :roll :roll

TONY0707

Well Known Member
Hayden Profitt--- A Big Fan

HI always watched HAYDENS progress in hot rod magazine-used S&S headers --- CASLER SLICKS- and his tips on suspension work----because he did -when he won the nationals in his class-!! ( SUPER STOCK ) it really helped me to be the super stock record holder at ISLIP speedway in L I N Y -in the mid 60's--learned a lot from THE MAN---so really great to see him and his machine being celebrated here--duplication is the greatest form of flattery------REGARDS TONY LENTINI

Race Artist

Well Known Member
Li Ss/s?

HI always watched HAYDENS progress in hot rod magazine-used S&S headers --- CASLER SLICKS- and his tips on suspension work----because he did -when he won the nationals in his class-!! ( SUPER STOCK ) it really helped me to be the super stock record holder at ISLIP speedway in L I N Y -in the mid 60's--learned a lot from THE MAN---so really great to see him and his machine being celebrated here--duplication is the greatest form of flattery------REGARDS TONY LENTINI

Have any pictures of your car to share here?
Joel