Progress the 58 Impala's Trunk floor just about done

ragtp66

Well Known Member
58 Impala Old Rotten Trunk Floor.JPG Out with the old floor and in with the new.... Would be nice if they Reproduced the portion of the trunk pan that is under that the rear body mount brace is welded to. Nobody does and that portion had to be fabbed by hand. I have seen some cars with the X's bead rolled in and also a few cars without them I have no idea if there is any reason to it. 58 Impala Old Rotten Trunk Floor.JPG 58 Impala New Trunk Floor.JPG

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I've done a few trunk floors and even a full 1 piece floor in my 67 Nova; it never seems as easy as those guys on TV do it. Yours is looking good!

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Thanks its coming SLOWLY but at least its moving along. I am hoping this is the worst area and that the inner and outer rockers go faster and easier. I agree I mean we all know the premise of those tv shows (complete rebuild in a week) is total BS that the cars are done in a week. I have been beating the bushes for 8 or 9 months already trying to shake loose some of the AC components that I need. Maybe just MAYBE if you were working on a southern California car that has a rust spot the size of a nickel, even then Id love to know what chrome shop that could turn something around in a couple days, not to mention when the truck pulls up and they are unloading pallets of parts and crate motors etc, wish I had a checkbook that could cover all that.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Took me more than 1200 hours over a period of about a year and a half to do my project a few years back. That was not counting a lot of help from good friends. A little progress every day helps see the effort through :). Keep working on something and eventually you'll be done. When you are at about 80% it seems like everything is down hill (things go fast) and then you hit 95% and you're uphill all the way. It takes a lot of time to get beyond 98%!

Cheers!
TomK