Project with my Grandson

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well, I know that's a charcoal canister and I'd think the shop manual would have that vacuum schematic somewhere, maybe under emissions controls. Sorry I am no more help, went through the same thing on a 79 El Camino but gave the book away with the car!
dc

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That black plastic can is an Evaporative Control Cannister, part of the smog system of the 70's that just about all GM cars had. Gas fumes from the tank are filtered through the charcoal in the can.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Bill,on the back of the carb ,#2 hooks to the choke pull off[#3].on the front,the large one is the pcv[3],#2 goes to the front choke pull off,#1,I think goes to the charcoal cannister ,#4 to the vacuum advance on the dist.That filter on the bottom of the cannister was at one time available from a GM dealer.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Don, thanks you the man !!!! I'll let you know how it all works out.

Bill

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
GM Part # 7026014 Vapor cannister filter. I think it's still available. It is used on most GM cars I think.:rub

:crazy:cheers

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
The spindles are different due to the lack of caliper mounts on the drum spindles, I am fairly certain that chevelle spindles will swap into your buick.

Big Jim

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Going to be a BIG Day - I hope !!!!! If things go the way we are hopeing, we'll have the engine and trans back in the car today !!! Then tomorrow we attempt to start it up for the first time in four years !!:cool::clap:beer Well that the plan anyway. Everything is ready and the parts are on hand to accomplish the job, as far as I know ? Got oil for the motor, fluid for the trans, hoses, clamps, and a couple of fire extinquishers on stand by ! I'll update tonight on the progress...

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
A c
Going to be a BIG Day - I hope !!!!! If things go the way we are hopeing, we'll have the engine and trans back in the car today !!! Then tomorrow we attempt to start it up for the first time in four years !!:cool::clap:beer Well that the plan anyway. Everything is ready and the parts are on hand to accomplish the job, as far as I know ? Got oil for the motor, fluid for the trans, hoses, clamps, and a couple of fire extinquishers on stand by ! I'll update tonight on the progress...

Bill

And a couple cases of soothing liquid comfort for afterwards????????????

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Pictures worth one thousand words.....

A little work on the trans to get the shift lever on:

CIMG5981.jpg

Getting ready to link up Trans and Motor:

CIMG5984.jpg

Last minute meeting of the minds ???

CIMG5987.jpg

I think it might fit ???

CIMG5996.jpg

It's in !!!!!! :dance

CIMG5994.jpg

Victory lunch ....
CIMG5998.jpg

Oh, by the way the one with the goatie is my son and proud Dad !!!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
So, it was a longer day than expected, but hard work pays off....

In the morning...
CIMG5999.jpg

Custom Radiator Support !!! :dance:hide
CIMG6001.jpg
CIMG6000.jpg

Everyone on deck, let's get this thing running !!!

CIMG6003.jpg
CIMG6002.jpg

Well, something had to come of a hard days work !!!

Guess I need to learn how to spell "Attempt ":doh:hide:bang

Everyone was pretty excited !!!
CIMG6009.jpg

Some real progress this weekend

Bill

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:clap:clap:danceNOW he'll want to finish it up so he can drive it! Ms Bell will be pleased to have her house back!!