Project with my Grandson

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Don, I did not think about the detent cable !!!! The grandson worked on that, because he's young and flexible, unlike me. That is in the area where it's leaking so a good place to check... Thanks

Bill

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Check the dip stick tube sometimes the o-ring need to be replaced . We've been chasing one on my buddy's car when it sits for a extended amount of it leaks .
Andy

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Way to go Bill!! Keep plugging away, you will get it all sorted out. :clap

Lonnie

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
The other things I thought of is that big accumulator cap (round dome) that is sealed with an o ring that is easy to pinch during assembly. Also check the adapter fittings that the cooling lines hook to, they are above the dipstick and can look like a dipstick leak.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay, so we took her out for a good drive today, even ventured on to the freeway. Drives like a new car, I'm beginning to like her so much, maybe I won't give her away ?????

Anyway here is a problem I can use your help with... When you step on the brake, the fuel gauge goes to over full, and when you turn on the lights, it goes to past empty ??? I know that both are caused by the change in resistance to the fuel gauge, but what would be tied together in those two circuit ??? Got me scratching my head, and I don't have much hair left to scratch on !!!

Bill

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Youve got a bad ground in that dash,,look on the driver side,where several grounds merge together at one bolt.That is as good a place as any to start. Best of luck! :pray

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
when grandson was cleaning rust in trunk floor , did he accidentally disconnect any wiring or as mentioned by jim a ground , or a plug connector that has some corrosion in trunk area, you mentioned it was full of water, might be your problem

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks everyone, we'll check the ground connections, front to rear and see what we find. I need to make this car "road worthy", not just driveable, before turning it over to the Grandson !

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well, the time has finally come to say good bye to the Buick... It has been a good project and I sure enjoyed working with my Grandson, but all good things must be completed, so last night we waved good bye to the car...
CIMG6092.jpg

Here is a tribute to the project...

And I'm left with this !!!!
CIMG6095.jpg

Now Ms Bela can move back in. Well after some good cleaning up !

Thanks to everyone here for all the contributions that made this project possible, Chase and I really appreciate everything...

Bill

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey bill, fill us in, what did you find with all your problems like your electrical issue, trans shift,brake petal travel, we are curious, well anyway have a good Christmas and happy new year.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Still have the electrical problem with the dash (one side) and the brake travel. Like I said, there are a few things to sort out yet, but she is driveable. The trans shifting problem ended up being a vacuum issue at the modulator. Replaced the metal line with a temp vacuum hose and everything is good. Shifts better than my Pontiac !

Bill

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Great job Bill! I know you are proud, relieved that it is done, and HAPPY to get Ms Bellas' stable back. Now it's time to take a break and have a cold one of your choice. :cheers

Lonnie