PRW aluminum water pump

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
There is a local Craigslist ad for a new, unused, in the original box, polished aluminum water pump for a 348/409 with an asking price of $140. Part number is PRW 1440910 and list is $239. Anyone have any experience with them? I am not sure that I want to put polished stuff on the engine, but thought it was interesting.
John

I am currently looking to replace my polished aluminum water pump, Edelbrock is $440, some on Ebay for $120, Speedway for $220 (backorder). Summit has a PRW 1440910 for $250 but won't ship until end of Oct. I'm thinking they all came over on the same boat. Mine is really a pita to change because of the addition of an electric fan so I don't want to do this again for awhile. Thoughts

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am currently looking to replace my polished aluminum water pump, Edelbrock is $440, some on Ebay for $120, Speedway for $220 (backorder). Summit has a PRW 1440910 for $250 but won't ship until end of Oct. I'm thinking they all came over on the same boat. Mine is really a pita to change because of the addition of an electric fan so I don't want to do this again for awhile. Thoughts
For that kind of money I'll be sticking to my plan to go electric and fab my own adapter tubes to bolt it on the block.