PS pump issue

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Can anyone tell me if their is a difference in the internal works of a saginaw ps pump from Oriellys -$50 and one from show cars or wherever -$150 ?I have the least expensive " CHEAPEST " ,and I am trying to lower the pressure, I bought BORGENSONS ps pressure reducing kit with the 5 metal shims, dissasembled flow valve added 2 shims as recommended no diff. added 2 more shims as "not" recommended very little diff. if any ! PS is to easy or sensitive ! Not a caster / camber issue ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT / THANX smitty :dunno2:dunno2

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I think about the only difference is the tank,there's little difference in the pump it's self.Tanks are easily changed.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
There is a discussion on the hamb board about reducing over sensitive ps. Just Google it should come up. There is one section article where they are ( picture) welding one hole shut and redrill to a different size to reduce flow or pressure on the fitting.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
On the same hamb discussion one guy got the sensitive feel out at highway speed but had steering like a manual in town driving. I had the same issue with I thought was over sensitive steering too.I removed ps belt and drove it with no improvement what so ever the way it drove . I have resolved the steering issue since and it drives now just as good as any newer vehicle I have if actually not better. Of course that involves a total of about $1500.00 dollars . I also wasted money on heavier shocks different tires with no improvement what so ever until I made the $1500.00 decision and that took care of the feeling of oversensitive steering darting over bumps loose feeling highway speeds ,just drove like crap.

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bought a pump flow restrictor 1.3 gal. per min. from TURNONE HIGH PERFORMANCE STEERING SYSTEMS , it took care of all the issues I was having with my steering , good people to deal with great tech service , family owned and made in America ! Tried SPEEDWAY MOTOR first , theirs was 2gal. per min. "NOT" sent it back , I believe it was Chinese . THANKS JIM SULLIVAN for the info.