Question for the informed

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
61 tach was 7000RPM ....no red line. 61 tach bracket was 1 year only.
62 tachs were all 7000RPM. H/P 409s had 6200 redline. 300HP 327 had 5200 redline. 62 tach bracket was redesigned.
61 tach bracket did not have any "ridges" that would make the bracket stronger. Brackets were vibrating so much that they would break. Very rare part.... only saw 1 in 33 years of looking!!!!!
None of the 61-62 tachs had adjustment knobs.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
ok as promised I took photos of the two tachs. The 61 doesn't have the ridges on the bracket back as it shouldn't. Phil here are two "real" 61 tach's brackets shown in a day so I don't know where you were looking for 33 years. They weren't in cracker jack boxes!
I can only imagine how many of them Pat Lobb has down there in McKinney. I didn't take the 61 tach off for the photos because have a concern that those tiny machine screws in the steering column won't work for ever!
Robert

0EdQ+5a3R6S8LESYPqNqFQ.jpgRuNrwOtrQc+BTcC4OWwIsQ.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
ok as promised I took photos of the two tachs. The 61 doesn't have the ridges on the bracket back as it shouldn't. Phil here are two "real" 61 tach's brackets shown in a day so I don't know where you were looking for 33 years. They weren't in cracker jack boxes!
I can only imagine how many of them Pat Lobb has down there in McKinney. I didn't take the 61 tach off for the photos because have a concern that those tiny machine screws in the steering column won't work for ever!
Robert

View attachment 62978View attachment 62979
Hey, my guess was pretty close! Just the way I remembered.