Question regarding reproduction 1961 Bel-Air/Parkwood Carpet

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
A quick question for the masses. Since the arrival of my 108k original mile 1961 Chevrolet Parkwood Station Wagon, it has came to my attention that it still retains the original flooring as just about everything else on the car appears. The Bel-Air/Parkwood series flooring used a combo of carpet and rubber/plastic matting. The carpet covers the center (transmission hump) from front to rear and looks to have stitching of mats for the front to rear driver's and passenger floors. After looking into replacements, it seems no one is reproducing this for correctness purposes and the only option is to buy full carpet? Maybe i've been looking at the wrong shops to buy? Anyone with information, please feel free to chime in.

Thank you

Seth

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seth, My 122,000 mile Bel-Air has the same matt/carpet with the Bel-Air logo on the floor pans and carpet on the hump that match the door panels. Sorry but there is no one out there that makes a reproduction of this. Wish there was because it is very cool. I ordered the salt and pepper fawn carpet for my car and will just have to live with it. I also tried to find Bel-Air floor matts but no luck there as well. Good luck with your project.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Maybe ask Mr Ciadella if he would make some- were they the same in 62?

Don

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Seth, My 122,000 mile Bel-Air has the same matt/carpet with the Bel-Air logo on the floor pans and carpet on the hump that match the door panels. Sorry but there is no one out there that makes a reproduction of this. Wish there was because it is very cool. I ordered the salt and pepper fawn carpet for my car and will just have to live with it. I also tried to find Bel-Air floor matts but no luck there as well. Good luck with your project.
Dan,

I guess due to the rarity and the cost to reproduce that's why they haven't done it. Mine is cracked all over and holes are prevalent. O'well I would love to find a direct replacement, but it seems I'll have to settle with full 80/20 loop from ACC. Kind of a shame, but what can you do.

Maybe ask Mr Ciadella if he would make some- were they the same in 62?

Don

Not totally sure about that, I would say 61 ONLY.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Why not get a group of us wagon owners together and see if someone will make them for us. I would get one for my wagon. I think this is called a group buy on some of the other websites.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Why not get a group of us wagon owners together and see if someone will make them for us. I would get one for my wagon. I think this is called a group buy on some of the other websites.

:clap Nice, let's do this! :cool:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would go for one. Would the carpets be the same for sport coupe as wagon?:dunno

Skim

Well Known Member
Yes they are. I wonder if Pete Ciadella would perfect it and make us some authentic reproductions? :? Otherwise, I'll settle for some Fawn 80/20 molded carpet. :grumble:

lol, seth thats probably gonna be the answer until somebody does.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I posted a thread about this awhile back too. I didn't realize it was just wagons, but now that I think about it...it was just parkwoods that I've seen these in. I thought it was all BelAirs. Anyway....I'd love to get in on a group buy if we can get anyone to do these. I'd probably want 2 or 3. Surely one of the resto companies would be interested since we could put enough money in (given enough interested parties) for the development....then they could have them as a regular item. An exclusive item at that.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Also....STILL looking for a tailgate.....posted in wanted section, but got zero replies so bringing it up here in case someone sees and can help.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
I posted a thread about this awhile back too. I didn't realize it was just wagons, but now that I think about it...it was just parkwoods that I've seen these in. I thought it was all BelAirs. Anyway....I'd love to get in on a group buy if we can get anyone to do these. I'd probably want 2 or 3. Surely one of the resto companies would be interested since we could put enough money in (given enough interested parties) for the development....then they could have them as a regular item. An exclusive item at that.

:coffee: Its a great idea.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Funny Seth. It was during our road trip to NC. Tony's turn to drive and he had to take my picture while I was sleeping. You are both comedian's!:takethat:takethat

I thought Tony caught you sleeping in your office chair, passed out on that $15,000 dollar bottle of wine!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

My Bel Air has these floormat carpets. I don't believe these were used in just the wagons.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought Tony caught you sleeping in your office chair, passed out on that $15,000 dollar bottle of wine!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll

No, that bottle is saved for when my daughter gets married! Now, the others are all up for grabs though.