quicktime bellhousing.

63409impala

Well Known Member
who has used one of these scattershields and what did you have to do to make the linkage work properly. Did you need to get an adjustable clutch fork pivot ball? Adjustable thrwout bearing? Or both?

Last edited:

63409impala

Well Known Member
I had whatever one that was with the new centerforce clutch that was in the car when we got it. Pressure plate was like new. Got a new disc for a 26 spline input, and also bought a mcleod billet steel flywheel

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was the QuickTime shield on the car too? What other components did you change in the clutch setup? Needing 3-4 inches is not an adjustment, it’s likely a wrong part. Maybe the fork shape/bends are wrong for the QuickTime , if it is new to your setup.

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
Weird, something has changed. Bellhousing depth is pretty standard for the most part or you’d have pilot bushing engagement issues. I have a QuickTime and used all stock linkage. I did have to change TO bearing length when I went from diaphragm to lever clutch.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If that happened, you should be able to tell by disconnecting the clutch rod or are you saying you found the problem?

63409impala

Well Known Member
Figured it out. Need a taller throwout bearing and an adjustable ball. The quicktime bell is 1.5 inches taller than a factory bell, plus add in the thickness of the block plate. Not to mention that the ball height on the quicktime is 3/8 inch shorter too.