R.I.P. Brian Thompson you have always been a great friend, you will always be remembered.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
This is sad news indeed !!!! Its just hard to believe. May you rest in peace Brian.
I'm so sorry for his family and close friends and for all the members here.
Has anyone spoken with Tony ? I know those guys were best friends.

Tony called me to tell me yesterday evening early.

61BISCAYNE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I talked with Tony (Skim) yesterday evening as well. They were very close friends. Such a sad
and tragic turn of events. I feel especially bad for the 15 year old daughter he left behind.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have delayed posting in hope that I might hear from the ex wife with some information. so far, she has not returned my phone call. For the last few weeks, Brian would rarely answer my e-mails or phone calls. It was as if Brian wanted to isolate me from his problems. I did go by his shop 2 to 3 weeks ago at his request. He wanted to sell everything, so I took all the money I could gather and bought stuff. I begged Brian to stop by my house and spend a couple of days on his way out of town. He told me he planned to take a long road trip to get away from things. I can say now that Brian had a lot of issues other than the divorce. A health issue of the worst type with a poor outlook for the future. I suppose Brian chose to exit on his own terms. It is not for anyone to judge. Brian touched many people in a good way. His main purpose was to help people. More than once I know that a member of this forum would post a request for a particular part and Brian would remove the part from one of his cars and ship it. He simply wanted to help. As far as details of what exactly has happened, I have none. I would guess that Tony would be the one person who knows but I'm sure Tony is trying to deal with this loss the best he can. Fortunately for myself, I have tons of memories with Brian to lean back on. One of the best that many of us can say we witnessed was Brian firing off the line at Thompson at wide open throttle with his window down and arm hanging out. That was Brian.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well stated Ronnie a great loss to the 409 community and car guys! I know he helped me in locating parts and man did he build a beautiful car.

I read this yesterday, but just can't come up with what to say. This is a strange place... I'll never meet most all the people on this site ( in this hobby ), but here, you feel like you know everyone. Shocking, and so sad. I can attest what stress can do, and the toll it can take on a person, mentally, and physically.
I pray that Brian is in a place that is free of that now, R I P

Aubrey & Charlene

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Oh no!!! Even though I only met Brian on several occasions, I had the feeling that I had a good friend! He always found time to help me out or to give me advice or tell me where to get what I needed. He was a vast resorce of knowlede and he will be missed by all!!! I feel that it is an honor to be able to say "Rest in peace-my friend!"

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
OMG !!!! I can't believe this sad news... He was a friend and we are going to miss him. I just talked with him a month or so ago, and he said, things were going okay ? RIP Brian and prayers to your family that they will have the strength to move forward...

Bill and Linda

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seth called me yesterday afternoon and said that Brian had taken his own life. Very sad news. He did not get into any of the details but, I can tell you I was shocked and pissed. I fretted about this all night. I did not even know if I would respond to this thread I was so upset. I had never met Brian but I surly talked with him several times over the phone. He was a great individual that was always willing to help as well as a great source of knowledge. The 348-409 community is a better place because of Brian Thompson. He will be missed. My prayers go out to his daughter and family. RIP Brian.

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Such a Tragic Loss.....I always admired Brian's Workmanship, His willingness to help, The guts it took to open up his Shop and above all how humble he was about it all. I only knew Him through this Forum and email exchanges and Prayers go out to all that are suffering from this loss....RIP Brian

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I feel like my gut just imploded !!!! :eekThe wind just got knocked out of me. I had never met Brian and I feel i've known him for years. It's just not fair. Our prayers go out to his family:pray He will b sorley missed on this site.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
dentonkrum103.jpg

dentonkrum101.jpg

racergurl409

Well Known Member
Im still in shock. My dad called me last night and told me, I was at loss for words. Weve deff lost a good guy in this racing world. Brian was a nice, funny guy and he will be greatly missed. Ive attached one of my fav pics I have....

cd5cdfe0.jpg

My dad, little bro, Brians daughter Brook, and Brian himself