Racing this weekend

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Loaded up for Outta Sight Drags at Great Lakes Dragaway this weekend. Leaving in the morning. We have the Bantam dialed up a bit for this year as well. Will also be testing out a new driver this year. My boy Luke is going to hop in the seat and make a few test passes this weekend as well. He has never been down a track before, so going down the track in Heaven or Hell is sure an exciting CC460FDF-7603-4915-B1C8-7AF36CD9ACAD.jpegway to start. I will check in and let you fellas know how it is going. If anybody is near, stop by our trailer.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Just got back home. Car ran well in the heat. 9.81@138 I think was the fastest run of the weekend. For the first time, I let Luke in the car. I brought him over to an open parking lot and went through the mechanics of starting, driving, safety. He got 4 runs in this weekend. He started with a high 13 or low 14 run to get the feel of it, and progressively went faster. He said he felt comfortable in the car at speed and the car tracked good. His third pass was a 12.58@120 I think. Well after 3 solo runs, he was confident enough to have another car along side him for an actual race. The three previous runs were singles for safety. Well he lined up against another green altered. The lights came down, and they were off! The other car was a fair bit faster and stayed out the whole run, but Luke made a good, clean, pass. Well, on his fourth run ever he turned a 10.14@131! Damn, it took me years and two cars to run like that, and he did it in 4 passes. He said he shifted early and let off a bit before the stripe. I think I just went from driver, to crew. I couldn’t be happier! Great Weekend.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Congratulations on a fantastic trip to the dragstrip……. Cool hand Luke is a lucky fella, that’s a life experience he will never forget no matter what happens in his automotive future ……and congratulations on being the kind of father that every teenage son would love to have…… you hit the proverbial nail on the head………Way to go Brian
:appl :appl:appl:appl ………….:goodpost