Racing update

Travis Horton

Well Known Member
I had my first chance to try out the new rear end and 4.30 gear (had a 4.56 in the broken one) since the rainout in KC. It was 91 degrees, 51% humility (ha!) 30.01 bp and dropping and very sunny. First pass: 11.07 at 120.74mph. Second run: 11.03 at 121.57mph. Still no tens. The track got hotter and hotter: 11.08 at 120, 11.11 at 120, and 11.14 at 119.94. I lost in the second round because of a red light. I had a .502 which earned me a first round bye and a .505 also. A .538 in the first round and a pesky .493 in the second. By the way, who's coming to MoKan for the Hot Rod Reunion Oct. 2?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Tell me more

Travis:

Tell us more about the Hot Rod Reunion at MOKAN. Is there some itinerary?

Best,
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
me too!!!

Travis:

Candy and I are coming down Sat. afternoon. Candy has a professional sorority function Sat. morning that she has to attend and then we'll head down at noon. Don't let the eliminations start until we get there!!!! Got your phone number...I'll call Friday night to get a weather report!!

Tripower...I'll come look you up!!!!

Phil

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Travis - It does not look like I am going to be able to make it down for the event at MOKAN. I really wanted to make some passes down the track that I frequented in hight school - my dad even raced there in the late 50's early 60's. Dad only beat one 409 at MOKAN - the only reason that he beat him was that the guy had the 409 car in reverse when the light went green.

Tripower and Phil you guys will have a great time I wish I could be there.

TomO

Travis Horton

Well Known Member
Gates open at 10am. Time trials are at 11-2pm. There are 3 classes of eliminations starting at 2pm, I think. Slingshot/Altered, Super Stock (1958-1972 vehicles), and Gas 1957 and older vehicles. Also car show, swap meet, AHRA Reunion memorabilia tent, Muscle car Shoot Out, Street Rod Shoot Out, and Benny Osborn will be attending from 1-3pm. For those who aren't familiar with Benny, he was a 2-time Top Fuel World Champion.
Don't forget the World Famous Mo-Kan hotdogs!!
Hope everyone will be able to attend.
For more info go to
www.mokandragway.com
Travis

Gus68

Well Known Member
4-Speed???

Hey Travis!! Do you run a 4-speed or an auto??? And what kind?? (Jerico? th350?ect.) Just gotta know. Thanks

Travis Horton

Well Known Member
Powerglide with a 4200rpm converter. I'm footbraking it right now but I do have a transmission brake installed that I haven't tried yet. I'll try it now that I have a bulletproof rear end in the car.