racing

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Went to Edgewater Drag Strip in Cincinnati, this weekend. Tried to set the car up to run 12 flat. That is the I NS/S class. First time trial, 11.992. Pretty good!!!! Going to warm up in the PM, so leave it alone. Next time trial, 11.672???????? Where did this come from. Figured it was a fluke or something. Has to be wrong. Next time trial, 11.672 AGAIN. Exactly the same. Too late to change the class, and too late to do any changes to the car. Just have to drive the finish line. Go back today, first round of eliminations. Other car is a AA NS/S 9.50 car. Going to be coming fast at the end. Figured I might be able to run him out. Got set good. lights start down, and I left. .006 RED!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it. Thought I had a good light, but just a little too good. Gave the race away.
This was an NSCA race. Good outfit to run with. Only other car I saw that I know was Gerry G from Michigan. He's on here as Gerry. Gerry went to the second round. He had battery problems and I think his ignition let him down due to the battery. But, that car runs. 1 4bbl and he runs 11.5 or close. I think he was in the 11.75 class, today. Pretty car, too. Black 61. Right color!!!!!!!!!
NSCA's next race is in Morroco, Indiana July 21-22. If you are near, check it out. Might be some more of our group there. I think Bob W is going to be there, if he gets his car back together from his Clay City problems. That is the Region Rat!!!!
Hate red lights, but I guess it's good to be that close. Just need to relax a bit. Easier said than done. But, there is a next time.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good racing Fred, If you dont make that red bulb glow every now and then, you aint trying hard enough. You cant be disappointed with the time slips though. Sounds like Denny got that rear end all fixed up. Good luck at the next one.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
friends.

There is no way I could say enough about Denny and Bo. Wouldn't be where I am without Denny, and Bo is more help than you can imagine. They are both jewels in my book. What makes it so neat, is I met Denny through this forum. We were at KC together, but really didn't talk much. It' just been the last year that I got to really know him. Couldn't ask for a better friend. I know he will see this, and fuss, but that is the way it is. This forum has been and is great for making new friends. Biggest problem is most are so far away. But, maybe that makes you appreciate the time you can get together that much more.

As for the red light, you are right. I guess you have to see red every now and then to see just where you are. I was sure trying. Have been on the other side, too. In Clay city, Gerry G. Hung a .003 Green light on me. That's no fun, either. Hard to beat that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, I have had a couple .005 lights. Just lucky. If you play around that area much, you are bound to see red some times. Just have to be sharp the next time.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good job Fred! That was only a little red. A lot better than napping at the tree. Rear end is narrowed. Need some measurements to order the rest of the parts. I have a set of control arms that were boxed. (If I can unbury them). Hope more of the guys can make it to Morrocco. Motels are not real close. I'll check and see what's out there.Several are on I-65. Not real far. Bob