rada...first timer

rada

Hi to all. Been into cars and/or bikes all my life. My son and I are going to put a 348 into our '30 5w coupe. This will be an ongoing project as money permits.
Have the car, and the engine is to be here Monday. I bought it from a private seller(not ebay) Although I grew up with 348s and 409s I don't know much about them I just didn't want to go with the same old small block in a street rod set up.
rada

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi to all. Been into cars and/or bikes all my life. My son and I are going to put a 348 into our '30 5w coupe. This will be an ongoing project as money permits.
Have the car, and the engine is to be here Monday. I bought it from a private seller(not ebay) Although I grew up with 348s and 409s I don't know much about them I just didn't want to go with the same old small block in a street rod set up.
rada

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to post some pictures!

Tom C

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
welcome

Welcome to the site, everything you ever wanted to know about 348s-409s is on this site.:clap Lots of problem solvers here too!!!:doh

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
rada, Welcome aboard. Good times to be found here. Any information you need, just ask. There are many of this site with knowledge. :)

rada

Thanks to all for the welcome. I'll post some pics next week. Just to give you a little heads up, the 30 is a bone stock, restored car. I know I'm going to hell for chopping up this one, but hey, you only go around once.
Thanks again, Pete

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pete, The 30 had over 70 good years. Now it is time to let her evolve. Bring her into the 21st century and make her look good. :clap :clap

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks to all for the welcome. I'll post some pics next week. Just to give you a little heads up, the 30 is a bone stock, restored car. I know I'm going to hell for chopping up this one, but hey, you only go around once.
Thanks again, Pete

If Boyd can butcher a 59 Chevy, then Fords are fair game!

:roll :roll :roll :roll