Radio Antenna

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Is there a way to replace just the mast of an antenna for the radio ? I have a front fender mount ant. but the mast was broke off , never knew it had a tube inside the cowl that the coax runs in .:rub

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a what I believe is a front mount Antanae base (have 2 ,one mast)which has a remove able mast by unscrewing.
Do you have a stud piece with threads in the base?? That need's to be removed so you can replace just the mast , I just looked and Impala Bob's show the mast that has thread's on one end of mast to screw into the base.

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
If you have a original 62 front antenna, the mast does not screw into the antenna base. The original masts are pushed into the antenna base and fit in only one location.
With the mast broken off you will have to pull or push out the piece that is left. I doubt that any repro antenna mast will fit an original front or rear antenna.
I can provide pictues of the NOS masts that I have and original front antenna. Is yours a 63 original front antenna ? I think a 63 is similar to a 62 with a push in mast.
Jason is right all original antenna masts are stainless.
Paul

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Must be 2 styles of Antanae .classic industries show a replacement screw in mast that apply's to 63/66 impala front.................and....1964,,1965 rear. Part number 986819 and is screw in replacement mast.I guess it would help Kay cee if you had picture of your base.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I don't see any threads in base bottom one was off 63 and the other one is from a 64 I thinkAntenna.jpg