Raining, Snowing, Sleet, Ice, and Thunder

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
We have 2 Maple tree's, in our yard.:doh I Hate them.:bang They're Dirty.:dunno First, we get the Bud's coming down, that cover my car's and driveway.:mad Then in June, the F-en Whirly Birds come down, and cover the lawn.:tantrum Finally Sept./Oct. the leaves start falling.:( It's been so windy, the Bud's are everywhere.:dohThey're wet and sticky. They end up in the house.:dunno2Will probably, have a Maple Tree, growing in our house some day.:teehee

bobs409

Administrator
We have 2 Maple tree's, in our yard.:doh I Hate them.:bang They're Dirty.:dunno First, we get the Bud's coming down, that cover my car's and driveway.:mad Then in June, the F-en Whirly Birds come down, and cover the lawn.:tantrum Finally Sept./Oct. the leaves start falling.:( It's been so windy, the Bud's are everywhere.:dohThey're wet and sticky. They end up in the house.:dunno2Will probably, have a Maple Tree, growing in our house some day.:teehee

They sell chain saws for that problem Skip. :teehee

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have the large maple trees also. Just have to keep up with the gutters.
My oldest son got one of his buddies to clime up the big one and cut this one big branch that if had a problem would have fell on my house.
That boy was fearless.
I even cut him a deal on a rebuild on his 4L60E.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Think that is bad? Silver maples have a tendency to rot from from the inside after 75 or so years. Once the trunk is about 2 - 2.5 feet in diameter, the tree is dead but no one knows it until it falls over. Knock on the trunk every couple of years to see if it starts sounding hollow. On

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Used to have a giant Cottonwood sucking up water from my former pond site, that thing was messy. Luckily I had no structures in the area. After I cut it down and removed the giant root I filled in the pond and ten years later (last year) I built the manshed in that same spot.