Ralley Wheels =Speedway

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Ordered a set of 15 x 8 ralleys for the rear my 63 from Speedway ,received them on wednesday and they looked pretty darn good no casting or flashing boogers to see ,They were suppose to be silver instead they were a gray ,oh well after inspection I thought I would spary can them the silver like the fronts. Took them to town and had them swapped out for the 15x7 .Back home 45 miles 1 way and $45 later I had some wheels on the car took for a run today and the dam thing vibrates terrible at 65 mph +.Back to the tire shop to have them rebalanced guy comes back and says the rims are warped :finger2 went back and had a look see and sure as sh@# they were doing a hoola dance. God if I didnt have bad luck I would have no luck at all,a call to speedway and of course no one in customer service today after waiting for 13 min .We will see what happens next week :dunno

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ordered a set of 15 x 8 ralleys for the rear my 63 from Speedway ,received them on wednesday and they looked pretty darn good no casting or flashing boogers to see ,They were suppose to be silver instead they were a gray ,oh well after inspection I thought I would spary can them the silver like the fronts. Took them to town and had them swapped out for the 15x7 .Back home 45 miles 1 way and $45 later I had some wheels on the car took for a run today and the dam thing vibrates terrible at 65 mph +.Back to the tire shop to have them rebalanced guy comes back and says the rims are warped :finger2 went back and had a look see and sure as sh@# they were doing a hoola dance. God if I didnt have bad luck I would have no luck at all,a call to speedway and of course no one in customer service today after waiting for 13 min .We will see what happens next week :dunno
That's what you get for buying ralleys. I'm just not a fan.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
20180622_183943.jpg
If you look towards the top right hand corner of the picture and see the C-10 grill lit up with yellow and blue neons. That is my office with the glass just under it. If you look behind the cars and around my office, we surround our shop with extra sets of tires. They won't be free but if you are in the DSM area they are a good deal in most cases.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

before you go and do all the customer service things make sure they have them on the balancer right. I had a set and on the balancer looked bent. Balance won’t work and on the car shook. Put it on stands and spun it up. Wheels straight. Took them back and the centring cone part they Use didn’t work with older style wheels and it was crooked on the machine. Once they fixed that no issue. Put them on the car, Jack it up and spin them on the car to make sure it’s the wheels not their balancer. My wheels were brand new by the way.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
So they balanced them the first time (Discount tire) ,dont know if they had them correct or not went to a different place as it was a different town and I watched him, he rotated it several times to make sure it was correct on both tires.They used a spin balancer that had a red laser o the back side of rim and I could see it doing a hoola dance ,then we loosened and spun tire 90* and retested =same thing and we did this 2 or 3 times on each rim.:goodI know the manager of this store so it was a freebie maybe I'll try another place ,never had a problem until these new wheels were swapped

Last edited:

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
With all that balancing at some point they should have had them on the machine right. Aftermarket wheels generally don’t have accurate or the right Centerbore. That’s why I bolted mine to the car and spun them in the air.