Ralph's 63 Z11/Z12 IS Running!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
After a visit to see Carl in New York Ralph's 63 is back together and running. Here are the first couple of runs right off the trailer. Tom and I met him at Gateway Wednesday night 5/22/19.... sorry about the fuzzy video but I recorded it with my tablet and not a camera and I don't have a zoom lens, next time I'll take my video camera. And here are a couple of pics of the engine compartment. He's going back next Wednesday to do some more tuning.
Ralph said it had a little bit too much timing in it and he said that his EGT on the big end was dropping pretty quick so it was a WAY FAT! The carburetors are pair of 800 cfm edelbrock's. Still not too bad right off the trailer with a new setup and the first couple of passes. This thing sounds incredible and has a rhythm like no other when it's running. I know that when he starts this car up it sounds super healthy and I can also tell you that it is very loud! It has a rhythm that's much different then most of the cars I've ever been around. I've been going to the racetrack for decades and it has a unique sound.:guitar

20190522_193311.jpg20190522_193252.jpg20190522_173230.jpg20190522_173328.jpg

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
After a visit to see Carl in New York Ralph's 63 is back together and running. Here are the first couple of runs right off the trailer. Tom and I met him at Gateway Wednesday night 5/22/19.... sorry about the fuzzy video but I recorded it with my tablet and not a camera and I don't have a zoom lens, next time I'll take my video camera. And here are a couple of pics of the engine compartment. He's going back next Wednesday to do some more tuning.
Ralph said it had a little bit too much timing in it and he said that his EGT on the big end was dropping pretty quick so it was a WAY FAT! The carburetors are pair of 800 cfm edelbrock's. Still not too bad right off the trailer with a new setup and the first couple of passes. This thing sounds incredible and has a rhythm like no other when it's running. I know that when he starts this car up it sounds super healthy and I can also tell you that it is very loud! It has a rhythm that's much different then most of the cars I've ever been around. I've been going to the racetrack for decades and it has a unique sound.:guitar

View attachment 70808View attachment 70809View attachment 70810View attachment 70811

Waaaaaaay coooooooooool..........!!!!!!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That was a fun trek to Gateway International (except for the rain and lightning on the way back).

Ralph's car was awesome even before the new Z12 implant :). Lots of aluminum (same as the original Z-11s) plus the door skins are aluminum (Randy Ferguson). And now a lot of Carl's components in the engine bay :).

It just doesn't get much better :) :) :).

TomK

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
That was a fun trek to Gateway International (except for the rain and lightning on the way back).

Ralph's car was awesome even before the new Z12 implant :). Lots of aluminum (same as the original Z-11s) plus the door skins are aluminum (Randy Ferguson). And now a lot of Carl's components in the engine bay :).

It just doesn't get much better :) :) :).

TomK

Randy Ferguson, I thought I recognized those inner fender wells.
Aluminum door skins, great, he can get aluminum door hinges on line from my friend here in Dallas.
He makes them for Pontiacs.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If the weather is good I'M GOING TO GATEWAY NEXT WEDNESDAY NIGHT AGAIN... Gates open at 6:00 pm $15.00 admission. Take bug off juice.
Would like to see more 409's there! HELLO HELLO Any others close and interested?
More eye candy!!!!! I think I saw a signiture from Phil Reed, anyone know who he is????????????? Lol :roll:laugh2

20190522_173312.jpg20190522_174507.jpg20190522_174519.jpg20190522_174622.jpg20190522_174557.jpg

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ralph called me today at about 12:30 and said there were storms heading in and that he was not anticipating on going this week, dang rain anyway!:tantrum