Ralph's 63 Z11/Z12 IS Running!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don, I just looked at the radar at Gateway and it is pouring down at 6 p.m. I went over to a friend's house today and he's building a pit bike and he is installing a 60 Flathead in his pit bike here's a picture of his build, he's just getting started. I saw your comment asking about the supercharger for a flathead that was hiding in the background and thought you might get a kick out of this.:good and yes it does run ...20190529_180446.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Don, I just looked at the radar at Gateway and it is pouring down at 6 p.m. I went over to a friend's house today and he's building a pit bike and he is installing a 60 Flathead in his pit bike here's a picture of his build, he's just getting started. I saw your comment asking about the supercharger for a flathead that was hiding in the background and thought you might get a kick out of this.:good and yes it does run ...View attachment 70973
Well before my time but they were stuffed in or on a lot of stuff way back then.A good runner now is likely worth a lot of money.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The last time Tom and I went to see Ralph at Gateway tuning on his 63 there was a storm brewing in Central Missouri Jefferson City Missouri that is! Tom and I were listening to the radio when a alarm went off and said there was a tornado warning in Jefferson City to take cover, catastrophic damage and the tornado was headed to the Northeast. Funny well maybe not so funny but that was headed straight to Tom and me. I'm pretty sure Tom remembers the wind and the rain we went through to get home. Today I went down to Jeff City a couple of weeks after the storm and this is what I saw...... by the way Tom and I were very lucky the only thing we got into was extremely heavy rain and high winds for just a few miles. And I will have to admit it was pretty intense and scary, pretty sure Tom would agree.....
The tornado was 15 football field wide and had steady wins at 160 mile per hour for about 30 minutes and went from Eldon Missouri to Jefferson City Missouri cross the river by the capitol and then dissipated by the airport. Less than a week later the entire airport is under 15 feet of water from the flood here's a picture of the hangers.20190614_083942.jpg20190614_151011.jpg20190614_152534.jpg20190614_152304.jpg20190614_152159.jpg20190614_151616.jpg20190614_152024.jpg20190614_150845.jpg20190614_152619.jpg20190614_153649.jpg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I was passing through the area the very next day while clean up crews were still assessing the damages. Insulation everywhere and several roads were blocked to allow crews access to the various sites. Even 20 miles away one could see billboards down, trees snapped, etc.

Tooth was a trooper barreling down the freeway as we headed West towards Columbia the damaging winds. The tornado was about 30 miles South of where we live. James was even closer in lower Ashland, he's maybe 8-10 miles North of Jeff City. It was so dark out that our best illumination came from the numerous lighting strikes that accompanied the wind and rain.