Ray

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ok Ray I recall I have some photos from the Holly Hot Rod Reunion at National Trail. Do you want something that old!
Robert

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Ray fill us in. Where and when did you get the car ,and was it finished or did you restore it .Maybe i over looked in your early post's but i see no info on that.Just curious ?????

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray fill us in. Where and when did you get the car ,and was it finished or did you restore it .Maybe i over looked in your early post's but i see no info on that.Just curious ?????
It was a barn find in 1990. Ownership as follows. Car was bought in buffalo NY by a couple that just retired. Car was driven almost immediately to Fla. the car was driven until the woman now widowed, drove it into the side of the garage door, slight damage to the pass. Side. Sometime in the mid 60's grandma gave the car to her grandson in Minneapolis Minn. who was almost immediately drafted into the army and went to Vietnam, He was probably over there the same time I was. When he was discharged he took one of his buddy's from Nam home with him on his way home. His buddy took one look at the 60 that was parked under a lean- to and asked his buddy, "if you ever want to sell her, give me a call. A few years later the guy gave him a call. By the way, the new owners name was Phil, yup that's right Phil. Anyway, fast forward to 1990. My wife and I were taking a ride after breakfast in Meadville Pa. Way out in the boonies on a dirt road. It was the dead of winter with snow covered roads we were in my 84 K 10. By this time I had the little woman trained to rubberneck for old cars. As we passed by an older farm house, Marcia my wife say's, "hey look there's an old T Bird". I wasn't interested in a T Bird at the time so by now we were past the house and I kept going for about a quarter mile. I got to thinking, what am I doing, I like all old cars. I turned around and when we pulled up to the house there in the barn that was obviously built for a model A or T, was the front end of the 60 impala. No rust 6 cyl. Long story short, it was mine in two weeks after haggling. Car was not finished. I did everything but the paint.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great story Ray. Thank you for sharing. Still looking forward to meeting you and seeing the '60 in person one day.

mike matheos

Supporting Member 2
Ray
your car is amazing. is that an original color? and if it is what was it called? the color fits the car and trim perfectly. when someone says "they don't build them like the used to" they must be looking at your car. i'm not sure whats wrong with your mill but i would be happy to help fix it with you. i am looking forward to seeing you and your car in person. i can come to Thompson anytime, on Wednesdays they have a street night at Quaker. no track prep, lots of old cars, lots of old farts, and a few old farts with old gassers. thanks for posting the photos, shes a beauty. (you did a lot with an old T bird). mike matheos

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That is just a beautiful car, Ray. Even if it didn't go fast, it would be outstanding. That color combo is one of my all time favorites.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray
your car is amazing. is that an original color? and if it is what was it called? the color fits the car and trim perfectly. when someone says "they don't build them like the used to" they must be looking at your car. i'm not sure whats wrong with your mill but i would be happy to help fix it with you. i am looking forward to seeing you and your car in person. i can come to Thompson anytime, on Wednesdays they have a street night at Quaker. no track prep, lots of old cars, lots of old farts, and a few old farts with old gassers. thanks for posting the photos, shes a beauty. (you did a lot with an old T bird). mike matheos
Yes, original color, Tasco turquoise.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
ok Ray time for some older photos of a very nice car. These were at National Trail Hot Rod Reunion but I have forgotten the year.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I found these while searching for Ray's old car photos. Not Ray's car but well respected members were there also so maybe Ray won't mind sharing the limelight?
Robert