Ready To Go!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Good idea! We'll bring some firewood too.:beerbang We'll also bring a big 40 cup coffee maker and a mike and PA system. We're hoping to pull out of here late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning so that we can arrive by Thursday evening. Does anybody know if we'll be able to stay at the track Thursday night?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
COLOR ME GONE ----------- Gone to Kentucky,,,,,,, we hope for a safe trip and wish the same for everyone else.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good riding

Jim, I would think it would depend on what time you pull in. There are phone numbers on the track web site you might call and ask. If no answer, try 1-606-434-2719. That is Jared Kennon's cell number. He and his brother, Shane, run the track. Best place to get an answer.

Have a safe trip. Will see you thursday night. I'm staying in Mt Sterling for the evenings. No motor home!!!!!!!! :(

jim_ss409 said:
Good idea! We'll bring some firewood too.:beerbang We'll also bring a big 40 cup coffee maker and a mike and PA system. We're hoping to pull out of here late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning so that we can arrive by Thursday evening. Does anybody know if we'll be able to stay at the track Thursday night?

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
biscaynewagon said:
Have a LOTS of fun guys !! and please take pics too....
Safe trip everyone :clap :cheers :beerbang

I third that motion !!!!:cheers :beerbang

Fred, If you pulled two trailers with that powerstroke you would still get 9 mph but split the bill two ways:brow :roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Fred, We'll probably just take our time and get down to the general area Thursday night then show up at the track Friday. By the way, we'll have a cell phone with us,,, (705) 715-3082

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That reminded me. My cell phone is 513-594-7442. For anybody that needs help or directions. Or what ever!

Was thinking last night. I remember thinking I had only 2 months to go. Then 1 month to go. Then 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, and now it's just about time to leave. It seemed like a long time when we started this, but seems like it got here FAST. Figured I would have run the car at least twice by now. Nope. First time this year will be in Clay City. Boy does time fly.

Tomorrow night I'll be sleeping in Mt Sterling, KY. There will be several of us there already. We will start the stories. You who arive later, can join in when you get there. Got to find a long tall Texan wearing flowered Bermuda shorts, black socks and sandals!!!!!!!!!!

When this is over, going to have to find something else to look forward to. Any one have any ideas??????? It's just about as much fun looking forward to doing something like this, as it is to do it. The anticipation is great.

BTW, Jim K., I have the name tags in the trailer. Is there anything else I might be forgetting?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Something to look forward to.

I am going to call Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson Ohio and try to set something up for this fall.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bad News

Me and Sue are ready,but the 57 will be left home this year.The lower radiator has came off the water pump twice,I need a Water Pump which will be here tommrow and I need a molded hose which I don't have.Since they don't make a hose for 57 with a 409 and a crossflow radiator,I'll have to go to the parts stores and look on there shelves for a hose that will fit.So we will see you guys early afternoon Friday,without a 57:cry :cry :cry .Fred or Ray I'll give you guys a call when I get to Mt.Sterling,to locate you.

b-d409

Well Known Member
Leaving in the morning

Car ready, trailers ready - (less a drivers side blinker that just wont give in) and we'll be on the road 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. Everyone have a safe trip.

Dan

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bad news and good news

Hate to hear that, Jim, but I understand. The most important thing is that you and Sue will be there. Looking forward to remaking an acquaintance.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Leaving for the airport soon and will be in Kentucky this aftenoon. Hope all you fellas have a safe trip and look forward to meeting you guys Saturday. You know what they say, getting there is half the fun. Temps look favorable compared to what we have had up here in the northeast this week. Should be a great time. Look you guys up when we get in on Saturday. Walt :)