Real or fake 63 409 Bel Air?

Martin B

Okay, I bought this Bel Air online a few months ago. Got it home and it has some pretty bad rust. That is not my problem however. The 409 emblems, tach and dog dish hubcaps.....well I just couldn't help myself.

I get it home and some people here locally say it is a real '09 car and others say fake.

Yes, I have been researching all over the net. I know about the 3/8 fuel line outside the a arm, the hole in the firewall for the ballast resistor....this car has both. It does not have the fuel line return, was a three on the tree car from the factory and worst of all has what seems to be '62 409 badges?

My 409 car....

18645502_1X.jpg

18645502_4X.jpg

My_409_Car_001.JPG

My_409_Car_003.JPG

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Yep, got a clear title for it.
I don't know about every state, but here in Missouri the title will reveal some information. The net horse power is stated on the title. If it is 48 net horse its a small block but if it states 54 net it was a big block. I'm not positive on that 54 number but I think its right.
I learned that from Mark Johnson while talking to him one evening. It never crossed my mind before, but that's a good way to tell.
Ken...............

Martin B

I don't know about every state, but here in Missouri the title will reveal some information. The net horse power is stated on the title. If it is 48 net horse its a small block but if it states 54 net it was a big block. I'm not positive on that 54 number but I think its right.
I learned that from Mark Johnson while talking to him one evening. It never crossed my mind before, but that's a good way to tell.
Ken...............

Nothing like that on my title.

bobs409

Administrator
The emblems must be a "Belair" thing. Impala had them between tire and door area and of course the "409" above the flags.

Keep digging, maybe it is originally an '09. :dunno

Maybe if your real lucky, you can find a build sheet in it. :deal

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
My 63 has the same hubcaps. That's a relief:beer

Just trying to keep mine as "stock" as possible.

Is anyone aware of a "check sheet" available that would assist me in knowing what parts are correct and what aren't?