REAR 4 LINK BUSHINGS

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I’ve completed restorations on many of these cars over the years and one of the best things you can do to make these cars drive well and retain a “stock-ish” appearance is to replace all the rubber bushings front and rear. I use high quality stock replacements for a restoration, and upgrade to urethane for performance or the resto-mod look. I don’t like poly, they can squeak and can make for a “hard” ride but use a good quality lubricant and check with the poly manufacturer to make sure the lubricant will not deteriorate the bushings. Adding a front sway bar and/or replacing the small stock one also makes a huge difference and a rear one makes it even better. For the money and time invested it pays huge dividends. I usually add new springs also and quality shocks goes without saying. These cars are old and heavy and need some love to improve that driving experience.

Good advice. After I put the 9" under there the car drove one hell of a lot better. The bushings....

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks, my p/s is non factory so I'm gonna have to put the car up on the lift to see if there is gonna be any clearance issues...they provide a nice pdf with pics, makes guessing a no brainer...

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2