Rear air shocks for a '62 Impala?

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Anyone know if there are rear air shocks available for a '62 Impala? If so, brand and part number? I haven't been able to locate any on the web or via NAPA locally. I'd like to raise the back end an inch or two.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Best way to destroy your upper shock mounts! (ask me how I know)

I wouldn't put air shocks on my worst enemy's car.
Not true because it all depends on what you need them for. I only need them pumped up a little when we take all of the boys junk somewhere. Otherwise the back sets how it should. Best fix is just get springs if you need the butt back up to stock height though. They really aren't that hard to change in the back.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don't forget that famous air shock lean! One side would always sit higher. Gabriel Hi-jackers. Ah, the 70's! :disco2

:laugh2
I always run two lines, Not a fan of the lean. I had air shocks on my 64 Impala I drove in high school. Thank god for them. Painted my car and a week later my buddies wanted me to pick them up because their blazer broke down on a gravel road. All of my friends are 300lbs plus! I had over 1400lbs of people in that 2dr hardtop creeping along at 2mph to keep from scratching the new paint. I pumped up the air shocks all the way before I went to pick them up. Looked like a door wedge until they all piled in. We made it home some how. LOL!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I always run two lines, Not a fan of the lean. I had air shocks on my 64 Impala I drove in high school. Thank god for them. Painted my car and a week later my buddies wanted me to pick them up because their blazer broke down on a gravel road. All of my friends are 300lbs plus! I had over 1400lbs of people in that 2dr hardtop creeping along at 2mph to keep from scratching the new paint. I pumped up the air shocks all the way before I went to pick them up. Looked like a door wedge until they all piled in. We made it home some how. LOL!
Sounds like you needed a duece and a half!!!:roll