Rear End Bearing Cap Girdles

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I'm thinking about buying a set of these from Aubrey and thinking that you really only need just one for the left side, do you really need one for the right side? I know they come as a pair.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That’s correct. My friend Travis at Mark Williams told me, for a high hp street car you only need a billet cap on the drivers side, so that’s what I did. ‘60 pontiac third member. I have Aubrey’s girdles on a Chevy rear also and used both, mainly cuz he only sells a pair like you said.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Aubry only sells pairs. I would use studs instead of bolts and make your own cap. Here is a pic of the Mr. Gasket version. Solid piece of steel. Only one is needed. I was going to pull the right off before I sold it but never got to it.

63posi2.JPG63posi1.JPG

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Allen head screw in the little holes torqued to 20 ft lbs. Just for a little pressure on the cap. Drivers side pushes out. Passenger pushes in.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Does anybody besides Aubrey make these or does anybody have just one, or a pair, I would be interested, or does anyone want just one and I will order a pair from Aubrey?