Rear Quarter Regulators

62BillT

Well Known Member
My Hollander Interchange only lists Front Door and 4-Door Window Regulators, but not 2-Dr Rears for some reason. I've noticed through the years that it seems like the '62 Rear Quarter Glass Regulator is different than the '63-'64 ones and a quick search online seems to verify that.

Wondering what makes them different and does anyone know for sure if they will interchange or not?

Thanks

bobs409

Administrator
Typical Hollanders! Every time I need to find something, it's NOT in there!

I never heard them being different. I've been selling some, even power units and always listed them as 61-64? :dunno2

62BillT

Well Known Member
Even the Convertible's are '61-'64, but I'm finding the 2-Dr HT ones different. Sometimes different parts still fit, but not sure in this case.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here I am.
To my knowledge all 1962 to 1964 Impala 2 door hardtops have the same rear window regulators.
i know for sure that the entire rear 1/4 glass and frames are the same for 1962 to to 1964 Impala 2 door hardtops
They also have the same rear window tracks for the rear window glass/frames -lower and upper tracks
The stainless on all sides of the rear 1/4 windows are the same for 62-64 impala 2 dr Hardtops
Paul

62BillT

Well Known Member
It could be that they are just a different style, but yet they interchange.

Paul, did you ever compare a '62 to a '63-'64 one?

It could also be a different part manufacturer thing.

I'm sure we all ran into that. A different looking part, made by a different supplier, but yet fits and works.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Typical Hollanders! Every time I need to find something, it's NOT in there!

I run into that myself many times as well. I've got 4 of them and they're great, but sure don't go into enough detail.

Some parts you wouldn't think would be in there, are and other parts that should be in there, ain't.

Still glad to have them though.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Stan Ball has pictures of his 62 Chevy Belair bubble top rear Glass, rear window tracks, and rear window controls that are the same as 61 Belair 2dr Hardtop and 61 Impala 2dr Hardtop that are both bubble tops. He has posted them on this site.
Paul

62BillT

Well Known Member
I believe I finally figured out the differences between the '62 and the 63-'64 Rear Regulators.

But I will post a new thread on it.

Could be why Skip Fix's window above is not working right.

Last edited: